Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
Group Mods
  • envatosupport

Create your travel agency, lodge, club, blog or destination website the quick and easy way. The GoExplore! travel WordPress theme can manage any travel website, from a personal travel blog to a world travel guide book.

GoExplore! (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 1 year ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

Duplicate content in Directory Types

• driverfans

said

The real problem is on my site. In the structure of the site there is a country page, in the country there is a city, in the city there is a cafe.
    The last section is duplicated; it exists both for the country and for the city. In my opinion, it should be only for the last section, i.e. cities (Place)
    Examples:
    http://para.llel.us/themes/goexplore/demo/listings/oceania/food-drinks/ – duplicate page

http://para.llel.us/themes/goexplore/demo/listings/sydney-australia/food-drinks/ – correct page

How to avoid duplication? Remove Directory Types from the Country, or make it available only at one url address.

• driverfans

said

Second question.
    Is it possible to set unique title, description, h1 for Directory Types. These pages can be used for seo, but without uniqueness is difficult.
    Is there an option to set the text for these pages, for example, before the announcement list (1), after the list the main text (2).
    http://joxi.ru/Dr868yqIovwLg2

• jeffw

said

Edit your parent destination (“Oceania” in your example, your “country” page).

In the Destinations Options metabox disable the Include directory items from child destinations option…

Click the update button to save the changes, and now the directory item (“Eat Me” in your example) will be displayed only in the child destination page’s listings (“Sydney, Australia” in your example, your “city” page).

Assuming, of course, that the directory item (“Eat Me” in your example) is associated with that child destination (“Sydney, Australia” in your example, your “city” page)…

Let me know if you need more help with this.

• jeffw

said

With regard to your second question, which is unrelated to the subject of this topic, if you can’t find a solution using the forum search please create a new topic for this separate issue and we’ll do our best to help.

Please try to remember to start a new topic for each separate issue that you have. We like to keep each topic in the Help Center focused on a single subject. We find that separating each question into a separate topic keeps the information much clearer and easier to follow. Also, it really helps other users to find information and it prevents threads from wandering down Tangent Lane. If you can’t find a solution using the forum search, please always create a new topic for each separate issue that you have.

Thanks.

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)
Topic tags: duplicate content