Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Incentive – Responsive All-Purpose Theme

Incentive

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

Alignment of top widget areas

• maximuswong

said

I’m having a few issues with the top widgets areas;

1. Alignment of #AbovePage.widget-area .widget – can’t seem to center the text (see image, issue 1).
    2. Alignment of #Top #HeaderSidebar .widget – can’t seem to center the image so that it’s in line with the logo (see image, issue 2).

http://i44.tinypic.com/ri89qs.png

Cheers

Mark

• andy

said

1. Try adding some CSS text alignment with something like this:

<div style="text-align: center;">Centered Text Using CSS</div>

2. There is a margin on that content to help center it vertically but since your content is bigger you can pull it up with a negative margin like this:

<div class="visible-desktop" style="margin-top: -8px;">
        [ your banner or image here ]
    </div>

Adjust the margin to -15px or -20px, whatever places it in the location you need.

Notice that I’ve added the class visible-desktop to the container. This will make the banner hide on tablet and phone size screens. You can also use these classes:

visible-phone – shows on phone only
    visible-tablet – shows on tablet only
    visible-desktop – shows on desktop only

hidden-phone – shows on desktop and tablet
    hidden-tablet – shows on phone and desktop
    hidden-desktop – shows on phone and tablet

• maximuswong

said

Hi Andy

Thanks for the update, issue #2 is resolved thanks.

However… issue #1 is part of a bigger issue.
    I’m using ‘Types’ (http://wp-types.com/home/types-manage-post-types-taxonomy-and-custom-fields/) to create Custom Post Types and Taxonomies and this is conflicting with your awesome theme.

Yesterday I installed the theme on a site that I’m developing and noticed some ‘very much strangeness’ (alignment issues, boarders on widgets, change of font in widget areas, etc).
    I then logged the issue’s with you and you replied back a above.
    While I was trying to figure out what was going on I installed the theme in a testbed and all worked perfectly.
    I then went back to the site that I’m developing and disabled all plugins and – the theme worked perfectly.
    I then enabled them one at a time and found that the issue was with Types.

I’m not a coder but I checked the CSS via FireFox and found that with Types activated the following CSS is shown;
    .widget, .postbox, .stuffbox {border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; line-height: 1; margin-bottom: 20px; padding: 0;}

That code is generated by wp-admin.css.

If I turn off Types off this is shown;
    .widget {-moz-hyphens: auto; margin-bottom: 40px; word-wrap: break-word;}

I logged a fault with Types and they’ve advised to copy the wp-admin.css code above into my theme’s CSS so that the result is the same if Types in turned off or on.
    Again, I’m no coder but that sounds pretty stupid to me. Wouldn’t that mean that the theme then wouldn’t work properly without Types???
    I’ve replied back to them advising that I don’t think that there answer is going to fix my issue… and have been waiting for a long time with no response from them.

Just in case, and I know it’s not an issue with your theme but would you have any suggestions how I can fix this?

• andy

said

That sounds strange.

What exactly does this plugin do?
    I’m unclear why it would add styling to widgets if it’s a custom post type/taxonomy/meta fields plugin?
    Is it modifying the styling of the public site or the admin?

If I can see the problem I might be better able to understand. Do you have a link or screenshot I can see?

• maximuswong

said

Hi Andy it’s not modifying the admin screen, it’s the front view.

This shows a sample of the issue.
    http://i40.tinypic.com/294nm7q.png

I can PM you the access details to check, the site in online but in an off-line state.

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)