Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Incentive – Responsive All-Purpose Theme

Incentive

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 3 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)

Setting up demo home page and social icons

• reesej19

said

Hi,

I’ve installed the incentive theme and imported the incentive-demo-content.xml file. But the site is different from the layout on the demo. The things under the slider are not in their proper layout. Where should I edit those to have a 4-part Hot Topics, 3-part Why Incentive? Also, I can’t see the picture part under the Why Incentive? And also, the two parts under that.

Hoping for your quick response on this.
    Thank you so much!

• andy

said

I don’t understand why it would be different. Can you provide a link so I can see the problem?

• andy

said

In the theme’s included help document it explains how to setup your home page. Go to the “Settings > Reading” and set the option for “Front page displays” to the imported page with the home page content. If you check the help document it will have the exact information.

• reesej19

said

Thanks Andy! :)

One last concern, the 4 social links on the header, where can I edit/set those?

• andy

said

We don’t do that type of thing. By that I mean adding a “social” feature where you can specify the social icons from a theme option to appear in a specific place on the site. It’s inconsiderate to the customer, forcing them to only have the option of displaying that content in one place we decide. Instead we just make content areas available and let you put whatever you want into them.

For this specific area we used a widget (text) and inserted this code:

<div class="visible-desktop">
    Feel like sharing? We won’t bite. &nbsp; &nbsp; 
        <span style="font-size: 23px;">
            <a href="#"><i class="icon-facebook-sign"></i></a>
            <a href="#"><i class="icon-twitter"></i></a>
            <a href="#"><i class="icon-google-plus-sign"></i></a>
            <a href="#"><i class="icon-linkedin-sign"></i></a>
        </span>
    </div>

Here’s a little extra information that might help: http://para.llel.us/support/groups/incentive/forum/topic/alignment-of-top-widget-areas/#post-45501

In future, please start a new topic for each question. Daisy chaining like this make is harder for others to find answers to the same questions and we end up repeating ourselves hundreds of times. Thanks.

• reesej19

said

Got it!
    Thank you so much for your assistance!

And I apologize for so many questions. :(

Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)