Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (63 total posts)

A step-by-step to achieve the skin 2 demo home page layout

• p4n

said

Is there any way someone can write up a simple step by step for achieving the same skin/layout as the skin #2?

I am pretty good at coding wordpress but this theme seems to be out of my league! I do not seem to ubderstand how it works yet I guess.

• andy

said

There are only a few things necessary. For example make sure you’re setting your header options for the items below as show:

Page style: Curve

Showcase background: No container

Those two options are the main changes to the header. That gives it the curve but without the enclosed showcase so it’s open and blends directly into the page.

The full content of Skin 2′s home page is below:

[one_fourth] <h2>Who Are We?</h2>
    Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Morbi convallis tincidunt mollis. Praesent ac ipsum at dolor mattis elementum. Maecenas lacinia eleifend ante sed cursus. Praesent pellentesque dignissim nisi, in interdum massa dapibus eu.

<h4>Integer Ultricies Accumsan</h4>

Proin et arcu quam. Fusce non magna sed lacus vestibulum ullamcorper. Maecenas justo diam, sed gravida non, lobortis vitae quam. Pellentesque vel tortor vel neque faucibus ornare et sit amet nibh.

[hr]

<div style="margin: -5px 0 11px;"><div style="float:left;">[icon size="medium" icon="acrobat"]</div> <a href="#" style="margin: 3px 0 0 4px; display: block; float: left;">Download White Paper</a>[clear]</div>

[hr]

[/one_fourth] [one_fourth] <h2>Our Work</h2> [portfolio post_type="page" page_id="1032,1028,1024" columns="1" image_ratio="15:7" posts_per_page="3" content_width="222" link="lightbox" paging="no"]
    [/one_fourth] [one_half_last] <h2>Our Clients</h2> <div style="float:left; margin: 0 17px 0 0;">[styled_image w="132" h="85" lightbox="yes" image="1411" alt="Nike"]</div><div style="float:left; margin: 0 17px 0 0;">[styled_image w="132" h="85" lightbox="yes" image="1410" alt="Heineken"]</div><div style="float:left;">[styled_image w="132" h="85" lightbox="yes" image="1409" alt="Audi"]</div>

[clear]
    [clear]

<h2>Recent News</h2>
    [sidebar alias="skin-2-home-page-widget" ]
    [/one_half_last]

[clear]
  • emmanuelca

said

can you just please show me the shortcodes you used for creating the skin#2 instead please!!!!!!!

• andy

said

@Emmanuelcarr

This is already in the post above. Look at the huge block of code just below the text:

The full content of Skin 2′s home page is below:

What is it you want?

• emmanuelca

said

the shortcodes only I copied and paste that code so i can implement my content and its all distorted! All I want is the shortcodes used if you can just tell please!

• andy

said

Are you asking me to take the block of code above, and delete everything but the shortcodes for you? Are you not able to do this yourself?

• emmanuelca

said

yeah All i need is the shortcodes please I looking for it on the shortcode generater for the home page and i can seem to get what you have!

• andy

said

I’ve answered a half dozen questions just for you in the past 24 hours. If I wasn’t going to help you I’d have stopped answering your questions a long time ago and saved a few hours.

Below is JUST the shortcodes. I have no idea what you’re going to do with this though.

[one_fourth]
    [hr]
    [icon size="medium" icon="acrobat"]
    [clear]
    [hr]
    [/one_fourth]
    [one_fourth]
    [portfolio post_type="page" page_id="1032,1028,1024" columns="1" image_ratio="15:7" posts_per_page="3" content_width="222" link="lightbox" paging="no"]
    [/one_fourth]
    [one_half_last]
    [styled_image w="132" h="85" lightbox="yes" image="1411" alt="Nike"]
    [styled_image w="132" h="85" lightbox="yes" image="1410" alt="Heineken"]
    [styled_image w="132" h="85" lightbox="yes" image="1409" alt="Audi"]
    [clear]
    [clear]
    [sidebar alias="skin-2-home-page-widget" ]
    [/one_half_last]
    [clear]
  • andy

said

@Emmanuelcarr

I’ve logged into your site and made some of these corrections for you. Your webserver keeps crashing so I’m not sure if they’re displaying properly.

The changes appear to have saved but I can no longer access your public site. Getting this error:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
    C:Program Files (x86)PHPphp-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly
  • emmanuelca

said

Its ok my friend you did right something is wrong with the website server! Thanks pal. Another thing thing please can you help establish the three little boxes [sidebar alias="your-sidebar-alias"] I know you sent me the way to do it but I tried and its not coming out can you go into my real site and set it up for me please?

ps. Once you go inside you’ll see i tried what you told me to do but its not working Im doing something wrong I know.
    Can I send you my other login info please?

Thanks,
    Emmanuel

• andy

said

@Emmanuelcarr

I logged into your site again to look at this but I can’t find Mingle installed any longer. I tried several times 2 days ago but I constantly got the server error, you mentioned there is a problem with your server. I was never able to access the site but I can now. Let me know if you want me to look again.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (63 total posts)