Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)

(solved) alignment of page

• paulcarf

said

The header alignment is centred but the body of the home page, and all other pages, are aligned left. Using home page header and three column page layout as an exaple, with the footer default. How can this be corrected so that all pages have centre alignment?

• andy

said

Check to make sure you don’t have any open HTML tags or other problems. If you can post a link I’ll be happy to take a look.

• paulcarf

said

Andy,

thanks for the prompt reply to my concern. Not only does your theme look sharp, but in this case, your customer service is also very good and much appreciated. I will check for open HTML tags. It is important to note that my wordpress page was set up with a different theme, and I changed to your mingle theme. That might be part of the problem with the conversion. Not only is the alignment unbalanced, centred header, left align for body, but there is a large blank space at the top, above the header. When I used your theme on a test page, it looked very sharp, all aligned perfectly, but when I installed your theme on my hosting site and published the webpage, it looks awkward. Please check the following link to see what you might find:

http://eventsplannerniagara.com/

Thanks in advance for your prompt customer service and attention to this problem.

Paul

• landon

said

@paulcarf

that’s definitely not right. If you could please send WP admin login details to support@parallelus.net and mention this thread (so I’ll know what it’s for) I’ll check into it immediately and make sure nothing is broken.

Thanks,
    Landon

• andy

said

I disabled the plugin “WordPress SEO” and it fixed the problem.

• paulcarf

said

Thanks for taking a big step towards fixing the problem and helping to make my website look great with the mingle theme. What alternatives do you suggest for the SEO? It is very important for us to promote the website and build traffic with an effective SEO program. Your assistance has been very much appreciated. Keep up the excellent work for us.

• andy

said

I don’t use a lot of plugins myself so I’m not a good source of recommendations. I have not actually used any SEO plugins with the theme so I’m unable to give one at all in this case. I know there are some that work, I just don’t know which ones they are.

Typically an SEO plugin won’t alter the URL’s of links on your pages. This is unusual behavior and I guess the goal is to make all relative URL’s into absolute URL’s? You should be able to find a plugin that works and does not cause this issue.

• curiousg

said

I have a similar problem but Im using All In One SEO Pro.

• andy

said

Is it causing the same alignment problem? Are you able to post a link to show the problem?

Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)