Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 6 days, 23 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)

blog shortcode in home page

• perenault

said

Hello,

the shortcode [blog category="theme" title="yes" posts_per_page="6" image_width="128" image_height="120" excerpt="yes" excerpt_length="33" content_width="478" image_ratio="4:3"] worked fine until i just modified one of the post
    …then nothing appears on home page anymore !

I had problems making it work at first when creating the site, i tried to use pages then posts. And what was crazy is that the blog shortcode was working with pages !! For some reasons, it worked with posts and didn’t touch anything after !!

My url is in my profile if you can help me please

thanks

• perenault

said

Hi Jeff,

Thanks, but the post ID is not a number for me, you can check if you want. I have used and read all that exists about shortcode :d as i said it worked before, i didn’t change the shortcode, just one post …

• jeffw

said

Hi, perenault.

Post IDs are always numbers. So are page IDs and so are category IDs.

To find your category ID, go to Posts > Categories, hover over a category and look in the browser’s status bar. You will see a part of the URL that says tag_ID=. The number following the equals sign is the ID of the category.

Follow the same process to find the ID of posts and pages, only this time you will be looking for the number following post=.

• perenault

said

Dear Jeff ,

I sincerely apologise because i doubted you ! lol I don’t understand how it worked with the name of the category ? but it did ! Thank you so much for your help and patience.. I sometimes read people who are not happy and it must be hard for you to get these negative feedbacks (fortunately so few of them !) with everything that you do for all of us, and for so little money we must admit !

Please receive my grateful thanks

• jeffw

said

HI, perenault. No worries, water off a duck’s back and all that. ;)

With regards to your other problem, I’m afraid that what I know about BuddyPress you could write on the back of a postage stamp. And although the size of that postage stamp is gradually having to become larger, I think we will need to ask @steveholland or @andy for assistance with that question, they both have far more experience with BuddyPress than I do.

• perenault

said

Hello Jeff,

Do i have to re-write my question or will they get this ?

• jeffw

said

Why don’t you go ahead and rewrite your question in full anyway? Can’t do any harm. ;)

Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)
Topic tags: blog shortcode, Home Page