Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 5 days, 15 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 12 (12 total posts)

Cannot set individual layout options for pages

• partody

said

I have set the default layout for pages in the design settings, but want for certain pages an individual header with a unique top graphic.

However, once I choose a Custom Header in the Layout Options box while editing a page, the selected option is not saved. After selection and updating the page, the dropbown is again at – Select -.

• partody

said

jeffw, thanks for the quick response! Yes, I’m using 1.8.2.

Any known conlflicts with plugins or the like?

• partody

said

Too happy too soon. It worked once, but not now again (without the plugin mentioned above)

I don’t get it :-(

• jeffw

said

I can’t replicate this issue, no one else has reported the issue, so I don’t think there is any issue with the theme here.

Have you deactivated all your plugins, all at the same time, to make sure they are not causing any issues?

I don’t know how it is possible for a setting to unset itself.

• partody

said

Even with all plugins deactivated, it does not work.

Seems also not browser-dependent, tested with Chrome and IE10.

• partody

said

I am on a local XAMPP installation. Could that be any hint?

That saying, exporting items does not work either. A click on “Download File” has no effect; no file is saved in the “saved” folder. Could that have the same root cause?

• jeffw

said

Beats me, I can’t replicate this issue.

The issue being…

…once I choose a Custom Header in the Layout Options box while editing a page, the selected option is not saved. After selection and updating the page, the dropbown is again at – Select -.

With a fresh install of the Mingle theme I can’t replicate that issue.

Have you tried reinstalling the theme? Use FTP to delete the existing Mingle theme folder on your server and then upload the new theme folder from your computer to your server. It’s important that you first delete the existing Mingle theme folder on your server before uploading the new one.

• partody

said

Tested it on another server as well. I still have the problem. Anyway, thanks for your help. Maybe I’ll find out sometime.

• partody

said

It seems to work for new pages though.

• jeffw

said

It’s possible that if WordPress pages become corrupted somehow in the database then settings associated with those pages can be lost. This sounds like it may be what you are experiencing.

Make a fresh install of WordPress using a brand new database, not your existing database, then install and set-up the Mingle theme. Do not install any plugins. Let us know if you a still have the problem then. It is important that you use anew database with this install, if you use an existing database then we will learn nothing.

Viewing post 1 to 12 (12 total posts)