Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 3 (3 total posts)

(solved) Change Cufon Font Handling

• AVMore

said

Hello!

I have just purchased your theme, and there is one thing about it I’d like to change. Perhaps someone could tell me the best way to do this in respects to your theme.

Right now you use cufon for your text to change to the museo font. I’m wonder what the best way to move this to an @font-face setup? I like the less amount of markup that goes into it.

Also, alternatively, how do you change the font to something else using cufon? I know it was mentioned in this post as well recently: http://para.llel.us/support/groups/mingle-wordpress/forum/topic/adding-new-cufon-fonts/
    Could you maybe link to another post where this is answered?

If there is any virtue your see into using cufon over @font-face I’d love to hear it too.

Thanks!

• landon

said

Hey there,

I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t use @font-face. It would be a difficult switch, but you could set the cufon font to arial (see instructions in the post you linked to) and in “Custom CSS” add your font-face CSS.

Thanks,
    Landon

• AVMore

said

Hey Landon,

Ahh good idea. Actually its quite easy :) once you switch the default font to Arial, cufon goes away and everything else is some simple CSS changes :)

Thanks Landon!

Viewing post 1 to 3 (3 total posts)
Topic tags: @font-face, Cufon, font change, typeface change