Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)

(solved) Changing the Default Placeholder Image

• murenovich

said

Is it possible to have the default placeholder image on a post automatically show the authors gravatar?? Or is it just a set photo?

• andy

said

You can change the default placeholder graphic used for posts, pages, portfolios, etc from “Settings > Theme Settings” where it gives the option to set a custom placeholder.

I don’t understand how author avatars or Gravatars are connected to this.

• murenovich

said

I want to make it so that if an author writes a post and does not upload a “featured image” that instead of it showing a standard issue as the featured image of the post it would show that Authors Gravatar

• andy

said

Ah, I see. There isn’t any functionality in the theme that would do this. You’d have to custom write it. I’d be concerned over the size of the avatar image. Most avatar images don’t go over 128px and the typical size is about 80px. That’s a bit on the small size to fill a blog post featured image area.

• murenovich

said

the 150 x 150 that i changed the theme size to for the members gravatar fits perfectly. Would you know the specific function i would have to add to the theme to do this?

• murenovich

said

OK Thanks Andy Im going to give this a try if it doesn’t work ill have to try something else

• oxxnptf

said

how can i change the default avatar on users that comment on a blog post?

• jeffw

said

@oxxnptf There are no options within the Mingle theme that enable you to do this. The WordPress avatar options are on the Settings > Discussion page.

Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)
Topic tags: Buddypress, Gravatar