Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 14 (14 total posts)

Facebook + Mingle ?

• brandonmoeller

said

Any suggestions on how we can use the Facebook SDK or plugins like Simple Facebook Connect to integrate Facebook features in sites built with the Mingle theme?

I’ve tried using the Comments Login function of Simple Facebook Connect plugin to no avail – I was trying to get it so that people who want to comment on my site could do so by logging into Facebook …

I have gotten other parts of the Simple Facebook Connect plugin to work …

• andy

said

I haven’t used those plugins so I do not know what advice to give. If you can tell me what isn’t working or what it does/does not do when installed I may be better able to help.

• brandonmoeller

said

Thanks, Andy!

The Simple Facebook Connect plugin is supposed to allow website members to sign in to Facebook to comment on articles, but it doesn’t seem to work with the Mingle Theme.

Not sure if this is a Mingle-problem or a BuddyPress-problem.

Do you know of another way to allow website visitors to comment on articles via signing into Facebook (instead of filling out name, email and URL fields in the comments section of posts)?

• rob83

said

You should just use the Disqus WordPress Plugin, it replaces any default WP comment form and allows people to comment using their Facebook, Twitter and other logins securely. I use it myself (I’m using Mingle) and I love it. Insanely easy to setup as well.

You can find the plugin at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/disqus-comment-system/ and the disqus website is http://disqus.com/ for futher information about what disqus is.

• brandonmoeller

said

Rob83 + Holodigit – thanks for the suggestions. I’ll take a look at both plugins and will report back here with what I think …

• byroncov

said

Does anyone know how to integrate the facebook social plugin like box in the mingle theme?

• byroncov

said

@brandonmoeller Thanks for the help, but I need a little bit more Facebook integration than your suggestion. Nice clean site by the way.

• brandonmoeller

said

Thanks, byroncov! If you ever figure it out, do let us know – here!

• byroncov

said

@lokeshkumarchippada Will this plugin allow me to use Facebook social apps such as Like Box?

• Lokesh

said

yes it will if you add like box because it uses Facebook API to create wordpress user accounts

• byroncov

said

@lokesh – the plugin seems to disable the drag and drop feature in the widgets section.

Since updating to wordpress 3.3 this plugin no longer breaks the theme

Viewing post 1 to 14 (14 total posts)