Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 6 months, 3 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 12 (12 total posts)

Fatal Error in filter-and-actions.php line 526

• partody

said

Since a few days we experience an almost blank page on https:///feg-kiel.de. Wenn we enable debug information we get the following output:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/www/fegkiel/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/theme-functions/filters-and-actions.php:526 Stack trace:
    #0 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): filter_nav_menu_items(Array, Object(stdClass))
    #1 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array)
    #2 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-includes/nav-menu-template.php(189): apply_filters(‘wp_nav_menu_obj…’, Array, Object(stdClass))
    #3 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/design-header.php(51): wp_nav_menu(Object(stdClass))
    #4 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-includes/template.php(690): require(‘/home/www/fegki…’)
    #5 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-includes/template.php(647): load_template(‘/home/www/fegki…’, false)
    #6 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-includes/general-template.php(155): locate_template(Array, true, false)
    #7 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/design.php(18): get_template_part(‘design’, ‘header’)
    #8 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-includes/templa in /home/www/fegkiel/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/theme-functions/filters-and-actions.php on line 526

Any clue?

Thanks in advance,
    Thomas

• jeffw

said

So a few days ago everything was working okay?

• jeffw

said

I think most likely your web server was updated recently to PHP v7.1 or later. They made lots of changes to PHP v7 and it looks like some Mingle theme code might not be compatible. (PHP v5 was more tolerant of amibiguity in whether a variable was an array or not.)

Give me a few minutes while I check….

• jeffw

said

@partody

Try this.

Open the ‘wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/theme-functions/filters-and-actions.php‘ file and on line 466 or thereabouts you’ll see this line of code…

$included_items = '';

Change it to this…

$included_items = array();

Save and upload.

Please let me know if this helps.

• partody

said

Hi jeffw,

thanks for the quick help. This seems to work.

My widgets are gone now. But this might be because I changed to the standard theme and back to mingle, right?

Regards,
    Thomas

• jeffw

said

What widgets?

I’m not sure what you mean.

Do you mean your sidebar areas in Appearance > Widgets have become unpopulated?

• jeffw

said

Yes, that sometimes happens with WordPress. I’m not sure why it happens. It’s happened to me sometimes after updating a theme as well, so I don’t think it is related to switching themes.

• partody

said

Hi Jeff, there is another huge problem. The editor is not usable having the Mingle theme activated.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/www/fegkiel/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/core/admin-object.php:1196 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/core/admin-object.php(1212): framework_admin_object_ambassador_1->loadFolderCSS(‘/home/www/fegki…’) #1 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/content-fields/settings-object.php(338): framework_admin_object_ambassador_1->get_skin_css() #2 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/content-fields/settings-object.php(496): content_fields_admin->build_box_gut(Array) #3 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-admin/includes/template.php(1073): mf_ua_callback(Object(WP_Post), Array) #4 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php(707): do_meta_boxes(Object(WP_Screen), ‘side’, Object(WP_Post)) #5 /home/www/fegkiel/wp-admin/post-new.php(76): include(‘/home/www/fegki…’) #6 {main} thrown in /home/www/fegkiel/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/core/admin-object.php on line 1196

• partody

said

Have temporarily switched back to PHP 7.0 because from 7.1 on PHP does not allow initialising arrays with an open string. However, my provider plans to shutdown 7.0 soon.

• jeffw

said

Mingle is a very, very old theme (it was launched seven-and-a-half years ago) and there are likely to be more incompatibilities with PHP v7.1+.

I don’t seem to be having any problems using the article editor.

If you can describe to me how to replicate the problem I’ll take another look.

Thanks.

• jeffw

said

@partody

We still cannot replicate this issue.

To begin troubleshooting this issue please deactivate all plugins (all at the same time) to make sure the additional plugins you have installed are not causing any issues.

If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible and let us know.

If the problem persists after all additional plugins are deactivated (all at the same time), let us know and we will work from there.

Thanks.

Viewing post 1 to 12 (12 total posts)