Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 days, 14 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)

Footer background colour

• jeffw

said

Hi, Lubi.

The way the footer backgrounds work is that the top portion of it is created with an image that has a gradient, and this blends in to the actual background colour of the footer. What you are seeing there is the footer background colour for skin 3, i.e. you have changed the background image colour but you haven’t changed the actual background colour. You’ll need to add a custom style that sets the footer background colour to whatever colour the bottom row of pixels in your background image is.

Go to Appearance > Design Settings > Edit All Default Design Settings and add the following style to your Custom CSS box:

#Bottom footer .main { background-color: red !important }

I don’t know what the hex is for that colour of blue you are using, you’ll need to find out what that is and then use it in the above style in place of red.

If you use the Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari browsers you can use their built-in developer tools to point at and “inspect” elements on a web page to find out what styles they use. You can even tweak the styles live to experiment with any changes you might fancy. If you use Firefox then there is an add-on named Firebug you can install which gives that browser the same functionality as the developer tools built into the other browsers.

• jeffw

said
    #Bottom footer .sub-footer { background-color: red !important }
  • jeffw

said

The bottom footer works exactly the same way as the top footer. You need to make the background colour the exact same colour as the bottom row of the of the footer-bg-b.png background image.

• lubiland

said

Thanks Jeff xxxxx

I had the bottom bit saved with an overlay layer on top from Photoshop. I have removed that and all looks perfect.

Thank you for amazing and fast support!

Lubi

Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)