Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (17 total posts)

Where may I find the exact footer shortcodes for skin 1 and skin 2?

• volvic

said

Hello,

Where may I find the exact footer short codes for skin1 and skin2?

May you also tell me what font was used for the Mingle Logo,

Thank you.

Regards,
    Volvic

• andy

said

The exact code of the “footer top” on the demo:

[three_fourth]
        [one_fourth]
            [sidebar alias="footer-left-1" ]
        [/one_fourth]

[one_fourth]
            [sidebar alias="footer-left-2" ]
        [/one_fourth]

[one_fourth]
            [sidebar alias="footer-left-3" ]
        [/one_fourth]

[one_fourth_last]
            [sidebar alias="footer-left-4" ]
        [/one_fourth_last]
    [/three_fourth]

[one_fourth_last]
        [sidebar alias="footer-right-1" ]
    [/one_fourth_last]

The code added to the “footer bottom” area:

<div class="col-1-2" style="font-size: 11px">
      <ul class="horizontalList nav">
        <li><a href="#">Home</a></li>
        <li><a href="#">Commuinity</a></li>
        <li><a href="#">Features</a></li>
        <li><a href="#">Blog</a></li>
        <li><a href="#">Portfolio</a></li>
        <li><a href="#">FAQs</a></li>
        <li><a href="#">Contact</a></li>
      </ul>
    </div>
    <div class="col-1-2 last" style="font-size: 11px">
      <p class="right">
        Copyright © 2011 - <a href="http://para.llel.us">Parallelus</a> - All rights reserved. Terms and Privacy Policy
      </p>
    </div>

The logo for Mingle is created with “Lane – Narrow“. You can open the file “Design > Graphics > Logo.psd” and it has this font in use.

• kdtcameron

said

Great question. One follow up… where is this code to be placed in order to make the footers work?

Thank you.

• jeffw

said

Go to Appearance > Widgets. On the right you will see two widget areas named “Footer – Top” and “Footer – Bottom”. Drag a text widget into both and then enter the appropriate code into the appropriate text widget.

• stevenmiller

said

Ya I found that stuff in the facts. I usually look there first before posting, but It didn’t show up when I did a search.

Thanks, for answering

Steve

• tambaluna

said

is sidebar-alias-name the name of the specific widget or the title of the widget?
    i agree with about the starting a new topic i will try and write in existing ones.

• jeffw

said

Hi, tambaluna.

The answer to your question is that it is neither.

When you create a sidebar (Appearance > Design Settings > Add new Sidebar) you need to give that sidebar a Title and an Alias. The title is so that you can recognise it in the list of sidebars, the alias is what you would use with the [sidebar] shortcode. You may give your sidebars whatever titles you so desire, however it makes sense to make the alias at least similar to the title. For example: “My Little Sidebar” and “my-little-sidebar”.

None of this has anything to do with widgets.

Once you have created a sidebar, if you want to use a widget in that sidebar then you would go to Appearance > Widgets and drag your widget into the appropriate sidebar area over on the right.

N.B. It is always fine to start fresh topics, but if you have questions about something that has been written in an existing topic then it makes senses to continue the discussion in that topic rather than in a fresh one.

• jeffw

said

The “x loading” at the bottom of your web pages has nothing to do with the theme. Deactivate all your plugins and then activate them one at a time until you find which one is adding it.

With regards to your footer content, at the moment I see content in your top footer and your bottom footer so I don’t see what your problem is.

• design2impress

said

OK Jeffw.
    thanks, i’ll trying to deactivate… is there a solution to put 2/3 or 4 widgets in the footer, i use the code as told as a text in the topfooter first and then place 2 widgets but they are beneed each other? Or is there a possibility also to get your demo content as a file to put in as a test (petervandenberg@upcmail.nl)

• jeffw

said

WordPress widgets display one under the other. That’s the way they work. If you want them side by side then put each into a sidebar area and then use the [sidebar] shortcode with the columns shortcodes to put each sidebar area into a separate column.

I have answered this same question more than once in the past so if you use the search box (top right) you should be able to find previous topics where the technique is described in details. I am not going to repeat it in this topic because it is only vaguely related to the subject of this topic (sidebars and columns can be used in any content) and I don’t want to confuse people any more than I have to.

• design2impress

said

Yes, I found the Topfooter loading problem (thanks, you’re right as always!) its was a legal buyed program Download manager i’ve unstalled it and see its gone! thanks very much. I hope that you can help me with my ‘last’problem as mentioned above. Kind Regards Peter

Viewing post 1 to 15 (17 total posts)