Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 1 week ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (21 total posts)

(solved) Generate recent news for Skin 2?

• volvic

said

Could you kindly please explain how I go about generating the recent news content for skin 2.

I’ve created a text “widget” and assigned it to the “default side bar”

Then gone into home page layout options and assigned the widget to a static side bar container.

My results are as seen in the following screenshot: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5050/recentnewsbz.jpg

Home page layout ss: http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9934/homelayout.jpg

May you also please advise how to generate “Our Work” images for front page and how the “our clients” images should be located?

Your help would be very much appreciated,

Many kind regards,

Volvic.

• stscorer

said

try google (search: themeforest mingle skin 2 recent news). the first search result will direct you to the comment page on themeforest with the answer to your question :) .

• volvic

said

Hello stscorer, thanks for your suggestion, may you kindly post the link, as different geographical locations on google output different search results according to country region.

even with google advanced search I can’t seem to find anything relevant…. I thought google was my best friend!! :(

would be extremely helpful.

• volvic

said

Think I found it :)

I believe I’m using a sidebar for that area. The blog posts in sidebars are formatted a little bit differently because it’s expecting them to be in a narrower column style.
    This code is in the home page:

Recent News

[sidebar alias="skin-2-home-page-widget" ]
    And in the sidebar I have a text widget with the following:

[blog category="7" posts_per_page="3" paging="no" orderby="comment_count" image_width="40" image_height="40" excerpt_length="23" author_link=false show_date=false comments_link=false]

Link Ref: http://themeforest.net/item/mingle-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/discussion/235056?page=16

• volvic

said

Hmm cant get it to resolve with the code above ^^ :(

• volvic

said

woooohooo cracked it!!!!!!! If anyone needs help with this, let me know!

Thanks youuuu @stscorer !!

• stscorer

said

you´re welcome. glad you worked it out :) .

• ardenagopyan

said

Hello, did you manage to remove read_more link from the widget items (as it is demonstrated in skin2) ?

• miracem

said

Hi, I am trying to generate recent news too, but i also want to include the text in to a bubble-post.

Is there a way to do that?

• andy

said

@miracem

Inserting the blog shortcode into any page will do what you want. Only when inserting it into a sidebar will the containers be removed.

• miracem

said

Is there any way to do it into a sidebars? I want a sidebar which containers are not removed.

thanks

• andy

said

The styles are altered in a sidebar to not have the bubble effect and other small changes for narrow content areas. If you do not want this look you would need to modify the CSS.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (21 total posts)