Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 13 (13 total posts)

Help needed in Moving WordPress from localhost to web server

• jagpreetw

said

recently i tried to online my wordpress completed site to web server but i got stuck very bad
    following are my steps:

Here are the steps I took:

1. Copy the home directory over to the new server.
    2. Create a new database and add a user to that database.
    3. Add the new database settings to the wp-config.php file.
    4. Export your database from the old server using phpMyAdmin to your local hard drive.
    5. Open/Edit the database file using WordPad! Update the url paths throughout the entire file to match the new directory paths of the new server in case they have changed. In WordPad, Go to Edit, Replace. This will open up a search and replace window. In my case I had to update the file path from home/gillette/public_html/gillettewyomingblog to home/gwblog/public_html. Once you update all the file paths, just save the file.
    6. Now import the file to the new server using phpMyAdmin.
    7. select permalinks.

How problem comes with theme.

All settings of theme are set to default like sidebar, widgets home page, headers etc…

I need urgent help.

and also gallery also not working correctly.

here is my localhost website screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/odlkL.png

here is my web server website screenshot:
    http://i.imgur.com/LQ32S.png

Note: all images and post are opening correctly.

• jagpreetw

said

may this problem resolve using export feature of layouts?

if yes then how to import layout file in admin panel

• BigMac

said

Backupbuddy is wonderful at moving sites (though it’s not quite so great at doing backups!).

• jagpreetw

said

all right all methods including mine— have same result.

after restoration them layouts set to default itself so now i have set it to same as previous manually.

EDIT: i redesign all layout as told it only took my 20 mins

• jagpreetw

said

where is import of layouts functionality of this theme?

• jeffw

said

If you are moving servers then you need to export the entire database from one server and then import the entire database on the other server. You can do this with phpMyAdmin, or with a WordPress plugin that provides facilities to export/import the entire database. Depending on how you have built your site, prior to importing you may need to do a search and replace on the database to make sure paths are correct. There is only limited assistance the Mingle support team can give you with this because ultimately the migration of your website from development server to production server is your responsibility.

Have you even read this article? http://interconnectit.com/719/migrating-a-wordpresswpmubuddypress-website/

• robwright

said

hey guys, we’re having his exact same issue. We’ve moved many, many wordpress sites (including multi-site & buddypress) and haven’t ran into this issue before. DB has the correct references, the settings in the DB even appear to be there in the options table. I can demostrate the site working on one host and completely broken on another. And by completely broken, I only mean the theme has reverted to all of its default settings.

• robwright

said

@jeffw, that script worked like a champ. The serialized php is what killed it.

• jeffw

said

I’m glad you got it sorted. And thanks for letting us know because it may (I hope) encourage others to actually read that article and follow its advice.

• cristobal69

said

Thanks guys… saved my life too… I had the same problem

Viewing post 1 to 13 (13 total posts)
Topic tags: migrate, mingle, Wordpress