Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 6 months, 3 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)

Blog shortcode outputs no posts

• perenault

said

Hi,

I have read all the topics about this but impossible to figure out why the following code is not showing :
    [blog category="4" title="yes" posts_per_page="7" image_width="128" image_height="120" excerpt="yes" excerpt_length="33" content_width="478" image_ratio="4:3"]

I have checked the settings…

What happened is that one day, like this, it disappeared….

Thank you
    Paul

• jeffw

said

If one day that [blog] shortcode was working and then suddenly it stopped working you need to think about what happened between the time when it was working and the time you found it had stopped working. Have added or updated any plugins, for example. Have any server settings changed? Stuff like that.

I’m sure you will understand that the theme cannot suddenly come to life and decide to stop working all on its own. ;)

The shortcode you post will display posts that are assigned to the category whose ID number is 4. If you see no output from that shortcode it most likely means there are no posts that are assigned to the category whose ID number is 4, or that no category had that ID number.

To check the [blog] shortcode is working, remove the category ID number, like this…

[blog category=""]

Does that output any posts?

References:
    http://para.llel.us/themes/mingle-wp/shortcodes/blog/

• perenault

said

That’s the thing, nothing appears…
    I agree with you, something had to happen somewhere and sometime but i can’t figure it out.
    I deactivated all plugins… nothing

I took 2 licenses for my two web sites and it’s the same for both…
    if i give you the url : sunacademie.com id sunacademie pW: jmk

• jeffw

said

To check the [blog] shortcode is working, remove all the attributes and the category ID number, like this…

[blog category=""]

Does that output any posts?

• perenault

said

the name of the page where the code is is “Vacances agadir, golf, excursions”

• perenault

said

YES it appears now !!! so what part of the code could be wrong???

• perenault

said

ok i removed everything except the
    [blog category="4"]

and it works perfect like this with the right size for images, the right amount of text…. seems crazy to me but well..

Thank you so much because I spent 2 days on that . :)

• jeffw

said

The original shortcode you posted…

[blog category="4" title="yes" posts_per_page="7" image_width="128" image_height="120" excerpt="yes" excerpt_length="33" content_width="478" image_ratio="4:3"]

…includes attributes that the [blog] shortcode does not support. The title, excerpt, content_width and image_ratio attributes belong to the [portfolio] shortcode, not the [blog] shortcode. That’s most likely why your original postcode didn’t output any posts.

If you take away those bad attributes, like this…

[blog category="4" posts_per_page="7" image_width="128" image_height="120" excerpt_length="33"]

The shortcode should work.

The [blog] shortcode is documented here → http://para.llel.us/themes/mingle-wp/shortcodes/blog/

• perenault

said

Thank you so much jeffw, again, you just made my day :)

Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)