Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)

(solved) How to change the colour of the Impact Button?

• kimberley

said

Currently I am using skin 6 and the default impact button colour is green. How do I change this to a dark grey colour #3b4046?

Within the code on style-Skin-6.css there are many colours. Which ones do I change? I have changed 2. Line 3 and line 12 from the code below:

/* Impact Button */
    .impactBtn, .impactBtn:visited {
    background: #3b4046; /* fallback bg (set same as outer border color) */
    /* shadow */
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 1px 8px rgba(0, 0, 0, .37);
    -moz-box-shadow: 0 1px 8px rgba(0, 0, 0, .37);
    box-shadow: 0 1px 8px rgba(0, 0, 0, .37); }
    .impactBtn span, .impactBtn:visited span, input.impactBtn, input.impactBtn:visited { /* inner border and button color */
    color: #fff;
    border-color: #64D0D9 #4CBAC3 #3B969E;
    background: #3b4046;
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#51C5CE), to(#378D95));
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #51C5CE, #378D95);
    background: linear-gradient(#51C5CE, #378D95);
    -pie-background: linear-gradient(#51C5CE, #378D95);}
    .impactBtn, .impactBtn:visited, input.impactBtn, input.impactBtn:visited { /* outer border */
    border-color: #44AAB2 #378E96 #235A5F; }

But it has made no difference.

Are any of the other impact buttons dark grey from the other skins? Could I copy that code?

Please help :)

Kim

• Trevor

said

Kim -

Lines 12-14 from the above code block you posted should look something like this:

background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#3b4046), to(#8f9194));
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #3b4046, #8f9194);
    background: linear-gradient(#3b4046, #8f9194);

If that doesn’t work or you need further help styling the button please let us know!

• hallsy

said

why when i click on style-skin-1.css i only get the following?

/*
    Skin Name: Skin 1
    */

• andy

said

Because the styles for Skin 1 are the defaults found in “style-default.css“. If you wanted to make updates to Skin 1 you can do it in “style-skin-1.css” without messing up the other skins.

• mindblend

said

Hi, just bought this and have spent ages trying to change the button colour to a bright red. Even in Firebug I can only seem to get the borders to change – any chance you can help?

Thanks

• jeffw

said

Hi, mindblend. Look in the stylesheet associated with whatever skin you are using underneath the /* Impact Button */ comment. There are 40 lines or so of code that define the style of the impact button; the background styles are the ones that affect the colour of the button.

Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)