Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 5 days, 23 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

How to create a blog with shortcode from parent page

• bayyana

said

Hello sailo,

I find the code:

[blog post_type="page" post_parent="16" posts_per_page="15" paging="yes" image_width="150" image_height="65" excerpt="yes" excerpt_length="13" show_date="no" author_link="no" comments_link="no"]

I hope it helps.

• andy

said

That page is created with the blog shortcode:

http://para.llel.us/themes/mingle-wp/shortcodes/blog/

It pulls the child pages of a single page (as the blog shortcode allows) and displays them as blog posts with most of the content disabled (comments, date, categories, read more…) leaving only the title and description.

• wibbsy

said

Andy

Sorry I’m not clear on the use of ‘post_parent=”"‘? I have a top level page called Services which has 8 children. On the Services page I’d like to display these 8 children in the manner shown here and when I use the code as above, I can only get a page list of the top level pages and not 8 children. How is post parent referenced?

Can someone also post what the portfolio example code used in the 3 portfolios on the demo site are please?

Thanks

• andy

said

The post_parent parameter needs only the ID of the parent page. The one other requirement is the post_type must be set to “page”. Below is an example from the demo site of the shortcode used in the “theme features” page:

[blog post_type="page" post_parent="16" posts_per_page="15" paging="yes" image_width="150" image_height="65" excerpt="yes" excerpt_length="13" show_date="no" author_link="no" comments_link="no"]
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)