Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

How to fix search box CSS for iphone/ipad?

• tandan

said

hi there, i bought the theme thinking the layout was flexible for the iphone/ipad and other mobiles but when i view on an ipad or iphone the CSS buttons I was using in the sidebar would break and look awful. so i made buttons and solved that issue. however, the search widget seems to also break onto two lines…i have no idea how to fix this. can you please help?
    thanks so much!
    you can view site at http://www.vna.mpwclient.com
    check it out on an iphone and you’ll see what i mean. i can’t take a screenshot easily…sorry!

• andy

said

Sorry for the delay, I was out of the office visiting family.

I’m not sure why the search is going to a second line in the iPad/iPhone view but it’s probably because of how the browser makes adjustments to the text widths automatically with it’s zoom. I don’t have a way to test this. Sorry.

I deleted your “bump” of this comment because I work from oldest to newest and you basically put yourself at the back of the line by doing this. I didn’t want you to have to wait another day for a response so deleting this moves you back to the original place “in line”.

• tandan

said

Hi there, actually, it’s also showing up on regular web browsers. I’m see it on Chrome…let me know what I should do…
    Thanks!

• andy

said

It sounds like you can adjust the search input width to fix this. The way you can set the layout for your site, the search and other widgets are not really able to simply adapt to their widths so using a narrower column and placing the widget for search it’s possible the styling is expecting a larger area.

You can add something like this to your Custom CSS area in the default design settings (Appearance > Design Settings)

#searchform input#s { width: 100px; }

Adjust the “100px” as needed to get the search to appear on a single line.

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)
Topic tags: css, flexible, ipad, iphone, layout