Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 5 days, 10 hours ago ago
Viewing post 16 to 22 (22 total posts)

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]

• jeffw

said

I’m pleased you got it sorted. Root folder permissions was it?

• eliteoomph

said

I have very similar errors:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/home/73385/data/tmp/sess_ec31075016c726166b98cee90dadc106, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /nfs/c10/h01/mnt/145476/domains/montgomeryneighbors.com/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/utilities/email-functions.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie – headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c10/h01/mnt/145476/domains/montgomeryneighbors.com/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/utilities/email-functions.php:3) in /nfs/c10/h01/mnt/145476/domains/montgomeryneighbors.com/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/utilities/email-functions.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /nfs/c10/h01/mnt/145476/domains/montgomeryneighbors.com/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/utilities/email-functions.php:3) in /nfs/c10/h01/mnt/145476/domains/montgomeryneighbors.com/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/utilities/email-functions.php on line 3

and below the theme

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/73385/data/tmp/sess_ec31075016c726166b98cee90dadc106, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/73385/data/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

I changed the permissions but I still get the same errors

• jeffw

said

@eliteoomph This is not a theme related issue, this is a server related issue. The first warning message is being generated becuase PHP is unable to open a session. This will be because permissions on the /tmp folder are incorrect, or perhaps because the PHP path settings are incorrect. Either way this is nothing to do with the theme, you need to speak to your web hosts about it.

All the other warnings will just be the knock-on effect of the original warning.

• eliteoomph

said

web host says its a theme problem lol

tmp permissions are 777

I don’t have a clue about the php path settings…

• eliteoomph

said

ok I think I am all good now… for some reason my site id in php.ini was incorrect… Looks to be working properly now
    Thanks

• jeffw

said

Let this be a lesson to everyone that when a web host tells you “it’s a theme problem” what they actually mean is “go away you dozy person, we haven’t got time to waste on you, just give us your money”. Come the revolution, all the web hosts will be the first people up against the wall. ;)

Viewing post 16 to 22 (22 total posts)