Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 5 days, 22 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Is it possible to assign a layout for each category?

• rob83

said

Hello!

I just had a simple question, is it at all possible to assign a ‘layout’ for each category? For example if I had an ‘Art’ category perhaps I’d want a layout/header with information relating to Art — and a “Movies” section, with a layout/header related to movies, if you get what I’m saying.

Would it be possible to somehow make this happen in a future Mingle update? It’s basically the only thing I can think of that would make this theme even more amazing than it already is :o )

• rob83

said

Now that I think about it I guess it probably would be more difficult than it seems, considering it would probably make sense to have each post in that category have the same layout too, which is likely complicated. :(

• andy

said

The category layout would only be applied on the WP category pages (archives). This is something I want to make available but have not yet worked on.

You can achieve this effect by adding the blog shortcode to a page with the single category you want to display and select a custom layout for that page.

• rob83

said

Yeah, I just didn’t want to manually set a ton of different pages lol. It’s all good though. Perhaps sometime in the future .

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)
Topic tags: category layout, mingle, suggestion