Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (15 total posts)

(solved) Logo not appearing in IE8/9

• Chris

said

Hi, my logo is appearing in Chrome but not in IE8/9..any suggestions? Do I need to change the file type?

• andy

said

Set the width and height. These are the 2 inputs labeled accordingly which appear immediately after the custom logo field in your theme options.

• andy

said

@JonGoddy

You need to set the logo in “Appearance > Design Settings > Default Design Settings” (click the button for “Edit all default design settings”) and you will see a field for setting your logo and the dimensions.

You should not be setting this in the header options, except to override the default when necessary.

• JonGoddy

said

I thought the override the default option was there to allow me to have a different logo for different sections of my site. So I’ve put image urls in the override logo fields for the custom headers that the sections use. Is this not correct?

• JonGoddy

said

In summary, I have 4 pages and I’d like to have a different logo for each one. So, right now I have 4 headers and 4 ‘override’ logos for them. They work perfectly in every browser except IE.

• andy

said

Ok, yes you are doing it correctly. You will need to specify the logo size using custom CSS in the “Default Design Setting” field “Custom CSS”

#Logo a img {
        display: block;
        width: auto;
        height: 65px;
    }

I don’t know the size of your logo so you’ll have to change the height value to you logo dimensions.

Can you provide a link and I can be a lot more accurate and specific to your situation.

• JonGoddy

said
    #Logo a img {
        display: block;
        width: auto;
        height: 65px;
    }

What do I change ‘#Logo a’ to? I’m not familiar with CSS. I’m guessing the name of the file or something?

[Note: Code edited by admin after issue was resolved. This will now work.]

• Trevor

said

You don’t need to change ‘#Logo a’ to anything. As Andy mentioned, add the custom CSS exactly as he provided but change the pixel values of the width and height attributes to fit your specific logo.

• JonGoddy

said

Unfortunately adding that extra code didn’t work – still no custom logos in IE. Andy, would you be able to take a look at my case in more detail as you mentioned?

Many thanks

• landon

said

Hey Jon,

if you could please send WP admin details to support@parallelus.net and mention this thread I will take a look for you.

Thanks,
    Landon

• andy

said

@JonGoddy

I logged into your site and fixed this. There were a couple little things wrong, like the width/height in the theme options being set as “123px” instead of “123″ but that’s not big deal. I’ve taken care of that.

The main problem was the code I gave you was wrong and didn’t include the “img” tag in the CSS selector. I’ve corrected this above so that others will not use the incorrect code.

Thanks.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (15 total posts)