Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 3 days, 20 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (20 total posts)

Mingle Theme Update – v1.5.2

• andy

said

I’ve made an update to Mingle today. It includes a number of updates and improvements including a modified loading structure for the design files which improves plugin compatibility. This also has an important security fix included in the update. I highly recommend making this update as soon as possible. If you are not ready to do a full upgrade of your install, you should still replace the security fix file.

Below is a full change log and a description of how to only perform the security fix. Let us know if you find any problems or have questions. You can find a copy of the relevant parts of the change log below.

Mingle v1.5.2 Change Log
    2012-02-06 - Update (v1.5.2)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Modified loading process for design files
      - Improves support for dynamic JS loading in shortcodes
      - Enables context specific design files: "design-{$context}.php". This would rarely be needed. Added for future development purposes.
      - Updated files:
        design.php
        framework/theme-functions/layout-and-design.php

Added missing translations in login popup
      - Updated files:
        footer-default.php
        assets/translation/*

Change to CAPTCHA condition in email processing and stripslashes() for content with apostrophe (thanks jeffw!)
      - Updated files:
        framework/utilities/email-functions.php

Updates for WP 3.3 
      - File path showing at bottom of page/post content
      - Changed "return get_template_part( 'template', $context );" to "get_template_part( 'template', $context );"
        - Updated files:
          framework/theme-functions/layout-and-design.php

Security Update - settings export option
      - Added additional security check to theme settings export
        - Updated files:
          framework/utilities/download/getfile.php
    Security Update Instructions

To perform only the security update:

1. Download the latest version of the theme from ThemeForest.
    2. Locate the file “framework/utilities/download/getfile.php
    3. Overwrite the file on your server with this newer version.
    4. Done!

If you do the security update only you do not have to worry about any conflicts as this new file is compatible with all previous versions of the theme.

• Animalit

said

I’ve lost a lot of my Design Elements in Design settings, is that surposed to happen?

• imist

said

I think if you installed the demo package then the update would wipe those settings

• Animalit

said

The demo package? You mean the .XML-file?

• imist

said

Yes, that’s the only reason I can think of for you losing any settings, theme updates are normally pretty straight forward

• airwhale

said

Hi Andy!

I’m a bit confused about the update instructions. In my WordPress Dashboard, Mingle is reporting version 1.5, but also that “All themes are up to date”. I’m guessing I don’t have 1.5.1 either then – are there any files from the 1.5.1 update that are not present in your listing above that I should also replace?

So, I did download the theme again today (from ThemeForest) – I simply unzip it and replace the various PHP files you list in the Change Log?

Updating the entire theme would probably also overwrite my custom changes to your various CSS-files, right? I have kept a running log of all my own changes, but if replacing the PHPs will do the trick, that’s the route I’d like to take.

Thanks!

/Tormod in Stockholm

• Steve

said

Hi @airwhale,

Yes provided you’ve made no changes to the files listed in the changelog above, simply take out the files you have changed from the package you downloaded and then upload it overwriting the old files.

Regardless though – always backup everything first before upgrading anything.

The reason it will say it’s up to date in the backend is because ThemeForest is not compatible with Wordpress’ Automatic Updates.

• solosoma

said

Hi there,

if i upload the new version of the theme will i lose all the tweaking, design and posts i have right now?

• imist

said

You will lose any changes you have made to any core files, design and posts will remain untouched.

• tdaubs

said

Thanks for the updates. For future purposes, it would be helpful to have an ‘upgrade’ folder within the download package that has only the files with changes since the last release.

• tdaubs

said

If anyone is just updating the changed files, make sure you also update the styles.css in the base directory of mingle. This will update your theme version to 1.5.2.

• andy

said

@tdaubs

I don’t include “styles.css” in my change log. It will always change to reflect the updated version number but that’s all. The theme does not use this file for any theme styling.

• tdaubs

said

I see. Thanks for the update Andy. Nice work!

• wibbsy

said

Sorry for the n00b question but I just want to check how I go about updating the theme?

Okay I have a production site Wordpress running 3.3.1 with Mingle 1.5.1. All theme configuration options are setup on the site but no core changes to the Mingle theme. I read a few posts that suggested just downloading 1.5.2, extracting and overwriting via FTP my wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle.

I did this as above (in a dev environment) and can access the admin page but the homepage gives me a 500 internal server error? Should I not have just done a mass overwrite of the FTP directory? I’m thinking that the theme settings (layouts, config, etc..) are held in one file that shouldn’t be overwritten?

• andy

said

@wibbsy

The settings are all stored in the database, unless you have the demo content package installed. Updating the theme files shouldn’t cause any errors. Can you provide any more information?

Viewing post 1 to 15 (20 total posts)