Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)

(solved) Missing endblock() on line 137

• davesohnchen

said

I just purchased the Mingle theme the other day because I loved the flexibility of the demo, the fact that it’s html5 and that it doesn’t look like a cookie cutter template.

However, I am running into a number of problems and have not been able to find answers that work while reading through the comments.

Just as a precursor, I have disabled all of my plugins and I’m running WP 3 .2.1.

1) I installed the theme and set up all the menus and defaults which appear to be working fine except for the layout on the homepage I have the following error:

Warning: missing endblock() for startblock(‘middle’) in /home/davesohn/public_html/……/layout-and-design.php on line 137

I have tried the various fixes suggested in the FAQ . I have also deleted all of the content from the containers in the homepage layout which produces then removes the error but obviously leaves the page blank. As soon as I put any page elements into a container the error reproduces.

2) None of my pages or posts actually display. In Firefox 7.0.1 my pages and posts render just a blank white page and in Google Chrome I actually get a server error. I have tried adjusting to various page/post layouts as well as disabling some features like the page fade, advanced IE styling and place holder images while making sure that the permissions for the folders are set to 755.

I really like this theme and the great functionality of the test site but I can’t seem to get much working beyond the default homepage slider and the menus.

Please help.

http://his.davesohnchen.com

Cheers

• andy

said

It doesn’t look like you’ve finished setting up your site. There are errors for every link in your menu. Have you followed the “quick start” in the included help document? That outlines the process of making a custom home page.

If your pages are not showing and you are getting a server error you have issues beyond the theme. It could be your permalinks? Try setting them to the default WordPress setting using query strings. See if that helps get your pages loading.

My impression is that there are problems other then just not having your home page showing.

Also, I didn’t see the missing end block error. Just so you’re aware, that error simply means “could not finish loading the page”. It’s extremely generic and can be caused by almost any PHP error.

• andy

said

I’m still seeing the server errors for you menu links. Have you made any progress with this or tried the suggestions for changing permalinks?

• davesohnchen

said

Hi Andy,

I haven’t had a chance to make take a look a yet. I thought I had gone through the set up but it’s quite possible that I missed a step. I’ll take a look and let you know if I’m still seeing errors.

Cheers,

• davesohnchen

said

Andy,

I did a fresh re-install and everything seems to be working fine now. I’ll let you know if I have any other trouble.

• andy

said

Glad to hear it. I’ll mark this one solved.

• TaylorMeeks

said

I have the same problem also and I too have tried all of the above and nothing is working. I’ve been stuck on this theme with problems for a week now and im entirely fed up, can you please help me to fix this.

• TaylorMeeks

said

Warning: missing endblock() for startblock(‘middle’) in /home7/skinnyli/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/theme-functions/layout-and-design.php on line 137

Then when i go into ftp and access that exact file, i can see that there is clearly a problem as it reads as:

// Top content area
    //……………………………………………………….
    startblock(‘top’);

// Include header design file.
    get_template_part( ‘design’, ‘header’ );

endblock();

// middle content area
    startblock(‘middle’);
    // Create this page’s content area layout
    generate_content_layout($theLayout);

endblock();

// bottom content area
    startblock(‘bottom’);
    // Include footer design file.
    get_template_part( ‘design’, ‘footer’ );

endblock();
    }

}
    endif;

• andy

said

@TaylorMeeks

I’m sorry but there is no error in that file. The message you are getting is a generic error message and simply means that the page didn’t finish loading. Please make sure you are running the latest version of the theme, and disable any plugins you have active. Make sure you have setup your layouts and assigned them in your “Appearance > Designs Settings > Default Design Settings” area of the theme for each layout.

Let us know once you’ve finished checking these things and please provide a link or more details as we can’t assist much with this generic error message.

Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)