Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 6 days, 4 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)

Move to Skin 3

• HollyW00d

said

Hello,

I am interested in converting our site to Skin 3 (http://traveingmailbox.com) – However, I do not want to change the colors or homepage layout. I essentially want everything to be the same except I would like to try the full page width. Is this possible? If so, what would I need to update?

Thanks!
    Travis

• jeffw

said

Hi, Travis.

Skins are essentially just colour schemes, they are a totally separate thing from layouts. Switching to skin 3 will not change your page layout, it will just change the colours that are used to display various page elements.

If you want your navigation bar to stretch the full width of the browser window then you need to set the Menu width option to Full width in the page header of each page header that is used by your page layouts.

• HollyW00d

said

Hi Jeffw,

I would like to stretch the entire “box” so to speak to full width. So not just the menu as shown in Skin 3. I like the gray color I just would like to try it full width.

• jeffw

said

In the page header set the Page style option to Full width.

If you want to customise the colour of the areas to the left and right of the slideshow container then you’ll need to borrow the following CSS from the skin 3 stylesheet:

#SubHeader.fullWidth { 
      background: #99271F;
      background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#99271F), to(#73140F));
      background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #99271F, #73140F);
      background: linear-gradient(#99271F, #73140F);
      -pie-background: linear-gradient(#99271F, #73140F); }

Put it in your Custom CSS box and adjust the style to your requirements.

• HollyW00d

said

Hi Jeffw,

Are those the correct colors for everything? I just want to be able to change the page style to full width and then enter in that Custom CSS.

• jeffw

said

Those are the background colours from the skin 3 stylesheet.You’ll need to adjust the colours to suit your requirements.

• HollyW00d

said

jeffw,

I have no idea how to determine the colors … Is there anyway you could get me the code with the colors for skin 1?

• HollyW00d

said

Hi Jeffw

So your saying I can still stick with Skin 1 and make those changes and the homepage will appear full width as on Skin 3?

If so, I have tried that and it did not appear to work.

• HollyW00d

said

Hi again Jeffw,

I believe I got it (http://travelingmailbox.com) … However I was wondering if it would look better if the entire gray part was the same color instead of the frame around the slider being a different color? Do you know how to do this?

Thanks!

• jeffw

said

Hi, abhishekrawal.

Unfortunately the support team is not able to become involved in creating custom content for any customer’s website. If you are having difficulties using the Mingle layout features and shortcodes, please start a new topic for each separate issue that you have and the support team will do its best to help you understand how the features and shortcodes work.

Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)