Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 5 days, 19 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)

(solved) Active menu item color

• rob83

said

Hello there, long time no talk!

Anyways, I have started on yet another website using the Mingle WordPress theme since its flexibility is crazy.

I have noticed a pretty specific bug though, it happened on another site of mine as well, but I just overlooked it.

I am using the “Minimal Header” on all of my pages except for the Home Page since I do not want any header content on those pages, but in the settings for “Minimal Header” (or any for that matter) if I choose “no container”, no text in the “showcase content” text field, and no “primary content” it makes the navigation look weird, I have provided a picture displaying the buggy screen shot and a screen shot of it working correctly.

The weird part is that if I type even one character into the “Showcase Content” text field the navigation bar works correctly again.

The problem lies within the Active category, for example if I were to click on “Blog” on my websites navigation bar, the Active link (“Blog”) would look buggy, but the other links in the bar would look fine.

Here is the screenshot of the comparisons for a quick understanding;

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ch7qqr.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks :)

• rob83

said

Figured I’d add that the Mouse Hover over the link is effected by this as well. (Incorrect colors/background color)

• andy

said

Hey rob! It’s been a while, glad to hear you’re still using Mingle and for additional projects. Don’t forget to get the extra license for each new site ;)

That isn’t a bug actually. What’s happening is the pages with no content in the showcase area are telling the menu “Hey, there isn’t any content in the area below you so the page is connecting directly to the tab”. That is interpreted and the tab uses it’s light color option to have it appear to connect with the white page. Normally the tab connects with a background so the dark color is used which I always styled to match whatever background color I had in my showcase or top graphic area.

So it isn’t a bug, it’s styling the tab to match the page instead of the showcase background. Does that make sense?

• rob83

said

That does make sense, and I guess that’s fine then as long as it’s supposed to be like that.

And yes I will have to get another license then, I am still in the design stages right now anyways and my site is not public yet.

Glad to see the support forum is up, looks great!!!!

Thanks again Andy

said

Hi, Im having the same issue here still.
    I cant lose the yellow “Home” button… for the life of me, I cant figure out how to fix it.

screenshot: http://i53.tinypic.com/2q8znes.jpg

My skin is #4 and i’ve tweaked most color elements to be red (image glow,links,etc)
    Like you said, It is only when on the Home page that it goes wrong…everywhere else the menu looks fine.

I dont quite understand it all from you’re conversation here,
    but Im sure i can figure it out if you point me in the right direction.
    Can you tell me exactly what to edit to acheive this?

Thanks for any help Andy

• landon

said

Hi there,

do you mind providing a live link? Everyone’s CSS is different so it’s a lot easier to give you instructions when I see your stylesheets and I can run tests using Chrome Development Tools.

Thanks,
    Landon

said

sure,
    its not live yet but i can send you a login to see it, if thats cool.
    thanks for your help

said

all apologies, but since this is a solved thread, should I start a new thread for my issue?

if not …

i have butchered up: ddssmoothmenu, skin default, skin-4, and probably even more lol.
    I want to use skin 4…..but i want the yellow home button to look like the rest of the menu already does.
    as i said before, i have already easily changed the “other yellows” to red…simple.

However…
    this “no showcase content-Home button-styling the tab to match the page” thing…i cant find it anywhere.
    I am able to change the border color even!…but not the rest of it.
    Furthermore,as Andy said, this was designed this way….but i AM showcasing content on the home page!
    ..so why would it color itself as if i am not?

Also ,if that is the case, where is the yellow i have to change?
    i inspect the element and find the yellow color codes,
    but i can’t find that yellow again anywhere in all the other .css to change it.
    i even went thru my host, instead of WP, accessing all the assets/css folder or w/e

but no matter where i look, i cant find that darn yellow.

Can you please just tell me the code to edit..or custom CSS to drop in
    to change the default yellow of that skin-4 perhaps?

((or whatever yellow i must change, that the home button is getting its yellow from!))

Please excuse my ignorance,
    i am really “just getting by” with this d.i.y. site stuff…obviously lol

Thanks for any help at all.

Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)
Topic tags: active link, menu, navigation