Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)

Pics/animation of Slideshow in Skin 1 not centered …

• mentorium

said

Hi, i am using skin 1 und changed the pics (circles) of the slideshow.
    But from the beginning, the slideshow animation was not centered, it seems
    to be left aligned. Any ideas how to change it?

See my site (beta version): http://www.plagiat-check.net

Many thanks,

George

• penina10

said

Hi George. This question was asked by member: bitofgrace. I don’t know if this is the answer you’re looking for, but I remember seeing the reply on the Mingle Themeforest forum:

Question by bitofgrace: I know this is going to sound more than a little picky – but when using Skin 1 (4 sliders) the 4 circles look like they are unbalanced – too close to the left of the box, leaving a wider right margin.

Any ideas why that is – and how to adjust it? (right now just using comp images until finals are chosen.)

Parallelus reply and solution: It’s because that slide show is a bit smaller than the full width so the space between the circles can be equal to the edges. Add this to your custom CSS inputs in the design defaults (Appearance > Design Settings > Defaults): .home-page #SubHeader .slideShow #SS-1-1 { margin-left: 20px; }

If you want to view the question and response, it is on page 53 of the Themeforest site, Mingle theme page, in Comments. Scroll down a bit and you’ll see the image of the slider and question posted by member: bitofgrace. Here’s the link:
    http://themeforest.net/item/mingle-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/discussion/235056?page=53

Hope this helps :-)

• andy

said

Yes, @penina10 is correct. To balance the extra space in the circles we add some custom CSS.

Add this to your custom CSS inputs in the design defaults (Appearance > Design Settings > Defaults)

.home-page #SubHeader .slideShow #SS-1-1 { margin-left: 20px; }
  • PSchweers

said

Hmm…mentorium wont say Thank you?

Anyway……i´ll do!

THANKS =)

• digigirl

said

I am having this same problem. I am using Skin #2, with a 3 column slide show on the front page. I tried the CSS you listed above, but it does not affect my slideshow at all. I’m assuming there is something different to tell it Skin #2, but I cannot find anything that matches that style.

How can I center my 3 columns with Skin #2? Thanks!

• andy

said

There is no difference that could be caused by the skin selection. It’s possible you are not using a page as the source of the content so .home-page wouldn’t be recognized. To cover all bases you can try this:

.home-page #SubHeader .slideShow #SS-1-1, .home #SubHeader .slideShow #SS-1-1 { margin-left: 20px; }

• digigirl

said

That’s correct – I am not using a page as the source of content. I just have 3 image slides that link to categories.

Thanks so much for your help! Your code worked – now I just have to play with the margin amount to get it right.

Thanks again!

• Rely28

said

I actually see in the options (in the slide option) “Media position” can only choose between left and right, why not add center ??

• PSchweers

said

To solve this, you can use the option with 3 columns and refer to the media in the second column with code…just a thought ;)

• Rely28

said

I’ve just tried this. the idea sounds good but unfortunately it doesn’t work, the image is too large then for a 3 column configuration and because column1 and 3 are empty looks like it puts by default the image on the left anyway… but thanks, nice try ! But I actually realized that doesn’t matter which settings I use in the media position, even if I put right the image stay left…

Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)
Topic tags: slideshow skin 1