Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months, 1 week ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Recent News

• marloniai

said

Please copy and paste the code used in skin 2 for:
    a. Home Page under Recent News
    b. Text Widget used in the sidebar

• jeffw

said

(a)

[sidebar alias="skin-2-home-page-widget"]

(b)

[blog category="7" images="true" image_width="40" image_height="40" post_content="excerpt" excerpt_length="23" show_date="false" author_link="false" comments_link="false" show_category_list="false" show_tag_list="false" posts_per_page="3" paging="false" orderby="date" order="desc"]

You will need to change the category ID number from 7 to the ID number of an actual category on your website.

• marloniai

said

I am now able to get the Recent News to post on the home page BUT the images are larger than specified and don”’t match skin 2 Recent News Why is this happening when I am using the exact code [blog category="7" images="true" image_width="40" image_height="40" post_content="excerpt" excerpt_length="23" show_date="false" author_link="false" comments_link="false" show_category_list="false" show_tag_list="false" posts_per_page="3" paging="false" orderby="date" order="desc"]

• jeffw

said

The [blog] shortcode has two styles, to get the more compact style you need to use the shortcode in a Text widget added to a sidebar area, and then add that sidebar area to your content using the [sidebar] shortcode.

It works. I just tried it on my Mingle sandbox site. So the problem is not with the theme, the problem is with your content. All I can do is tell you how this is done. I cannot do the work for you and if you cannot implement what I am telling you then there is nothing further I can do other than recommend that you hire a professional developer to help you.

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)