Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (48 total posts)

Home page content for Skin 1

• bm73

said

Hi,
    I’m basically trying to achieve the same layout for Skin 1 – just the shortcode after the top showcase.
    I did an import of the text content but the page (Home Skin 1) has no content in it.

Thanks again.

• siglacom

said

Hello,

i’m trying to do the same, but the demo content package doesn’t have any content for Home Skin 1 or 6

Any help please…

• andy

said

The home page for skin 1 is made up of a series of different pages pulled together in the layout manager. It’s essentially just a blog shortcode on the left and a portfolio shortcode on the right.

Skin 1: Home Page – Left

<h3 style="margin: 12px 0 20px;">Powerful Features Behind the Design</h3>

[blog post_type="page" post_parent="16" posts_per_page="4" paging="no" image_width="128" image_height="120" excerpt_length="33" show_date=false author_link="no" comments_link=false]

Skin 1: Home Page – Right

<h3 style="margin: 12px 0 20px;">Home Pages Created with Mingle</h3>

[portfolio post_type="page" post_parent="1321" columns="2" image_ratio="17:7" posts_per_page="6" content_width="478" link="post" paging="no"]

[clear]
    <p></p>
    <h1>Stop just making websites and get ready to start <em>Mingling!</em></h1>
    <h3>Connect with your visitors like never before. Reach out to a massive audience using the power of the internet to build a business spanning the globe.</h3>

<p>Reinvent the web as a more social, connected place full of unique ideas and meaningful interraction. Create connections and strengthen the bonds between you and your clients by making use of the most powerful tools available. Be a part of the technology explosion, get started today and supercharge your website when you <strong>"mix it up"</strong> with <strong>Mingle!</strong></p>
  • volvic

said

Ok it might just be a short code, but what steps do we need to take in order to get an exact copy of skin 1?

• landon

said

Hey @volvic,

the code Andy provided above is sufficient to do this. You simply need to add it to the layout manager, and if you have the demo content installed it will turn out just as you want.

Thanks,
    Landon

• volvic

said

Ahh right… it needs to go in the layout manager, great geez thanks that small bit of descriptive information helped allot.

• andy

said

@volvic

The steps for adding this code to your home page would be:

1. Create a new page named “Home” and pasted the sample code above into the page.
    2. Go to “Appearance > Design Settings” and open your home page layout to edit.
    3. Make sure you have a “Static Content” block added to the layout and if not drag one into place. Select the page “Home” as the content source.
    4. Make sure this layout is set as the default home page layout in the Default Design Settings (button at the top of Design Settings for “Edit all default design settings”)

There are other ways of doing this. For example if you had the “Default Content” block added to your layout instead of a static block, you could go to “Settings > Reading” and set the home page content to a page instead of your latest posts and the theme will accept this setting and show the selected page. Most things you can do with the theme have multiple ways of accomplishing them to let you choose the method that best suits your needs and preferences.

• landon

said

@volvic

I apologize for my lack of instructions, but reading the documentation would explain what I mean fairly well. I try to encourage people to read and learn as it saves all parties involved a lot of time. I’ll be creating some screencasts soon to show how to setup the demo site and also how to customize it.

Thanks,
    Landon

• volvic

said

Guys that’s amazing thank you so much for the instruction, it all now makes sense my theme has started to function. :)

Many Regards,

The theme looks great :)

• chrisbehnke

said

Hey, appreciate in advance a little additional direction…

I’m almost certain I have done as you have instructed, and the posts are not showing the “little arrow” pointing to the featured images” It’s also not limiting the lines in the post, it’s showing the full post.

help?? http://choosegrowthcoaching.com

Thanks!!! ;-)

• andy

said

@chrisbehnke

You need to complete the setup. Notice the bright red box at the top of your page that says Set Main Menu – Left in “Appearance > Menus > Theme Locations”. You need to complete those instructions first.

• chrisbehnke

said

Andy,

Hey sorry for being a newbie!! I just added the navigation, and the content still doesn’t look correct…

I will keep playing…

Thanks again for your patience, the entire template is amazing by the way!

Chris

• chrisbehnke

said

This is the code I was using…

<h3>What We Do</h3>
    [blog post_type="page" post_parent="65" posts_per_page="6" paging="no" image_width="128" image_height="120" excerpt_length="33" show_date=false author_link="no" comments_link=false]
  • andy

said

Take a look at the “Settings > Theme Settings” for your Blog and see if you have the arrows and images turned off. These are where the defaults are set. If you don’t override them with the shortcode it will use the default settings.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (48 total posts)