Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 1 week ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 2 (2 total posts)

Something is causing my site to use too much memory

• jason3111

said

It doesn’t happen all the time and mainly on my portfolio page. http://www.ecgprod.com

I deactivated all the plugins not in use and only have like six plugins going and I’m not using buddy press or the events manager.

Any ideas. It’s hard to trouble shoot because it does not happen all the time. Does Parallel offer services to fix issues on their themes for cash?

Also is there ever a possibility for a responsive version?

• jeffw

said

Hi, jason3111.

Firstly, you are using an old version of the Mingle theme so it might be an idea to update to the latest version, which is 1.8.2:

http://para.llel.us/support/groups/mingle-wordpress/forum/topic/latest-version/

Secondly, there are no plans to make a responsive version of the Mingle theme.

Thirdly, Parallelus does not take on any freelance work. If you have a problem and it can be determined that the problem is caused by the Mingle theme, then we will fix that problem in a theme update.

Now then. Your memory issue. Why do you say something is using “too much” memory? Are you getting an error message that is telling you that?

If you are getting the standard WordPress “out of memory” errors then it means that WordPress needs more memory. You can can allocate more memory to WordPress either by a line in your ‘wp-config.php’ file or in your ‘php.ini’ file, or in your ‘,htaccess’ file.

If you have access to your ‘php.ini’ file, add a line like this…

memory_limit = 128M

If you don’t have access to ‘php.ini’ try adding this to your ‘.htaccess’ file…

php_value memory_limit 128M

Or try adding this line to your ‘wp-config.php’ file…

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');

I always try the ‘wp-config.php’ method first. If you can’t fix your memory problem with any of the methods outlines above, talk to your web hosts.

Viewing post 1 to 2 (2 total posts)