Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 14 (14 total posts)

Switch off comments

• fourthirsty

said

I’m trying to work out with Mingle how to switch OFF all comments on the site. I have turned off comments on the Blog settings but comments are still showing on each page and post.

Does anyone know how to turn this OFF completely. I don’t want any comments on this particular site.

Thanks in advance

• andy

said

Copied from the FAQs on ThemeForest:
    http://themeforest.net/item/mingle-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/faq/235056

How do I disable comments?

Go to “Settings > Discussion” and deselect the option for “Allow people to post comments on new articles“. This applies to both pages and posts.

To individually disable comments on a page or post, from the edit screen click the tab at the top right “Screen Options” and check “Discussion”. This adds a box to the edit screen where you can deselect the options for comments and trackbacks.

Note: If you already have the comments enabled on existing pages/posts doing the global change in Discussion will only have an effect on NEW pages/posts created after that point. You need to go in and individually disable comments for each page/post for the existing content. This is how WP is setup and the theme has no control over it.

• akamajorj1

said

Thank god just been trying to figure this out for ages … great theme.

• trenthaus

said

Andy, thank you for posting this. It was driving me crazy!

• acptech

said

Thank you for this. I’ve been trying to figure this out all weekend. One thing I found is that the checkbox to disable discussion on an individual page didn’t appear for me when editing inside the page, but it did appear when I went to Pages, moused over the page title in the listing and did “Quick Edit” – fast and easy that way, too.

• jeffw

said

When you create or edit pages or posts, if you do not see the Discussion panel then click Screen Options (top right) and enable the Discussion option. ;)

• oxxnptf

said

@jeffw I used the Facebook Social plugin to replace my commenting, but the problem here is both facebook comments and standard mingle comment is appearing. How should go around with this?

Also I tried disabling the comment by default default and for individual post or pages. You don’t want to have comments on Contact/Privacy page, right?

• jeffw

said

@oxxnptf

They are not Mingle comments, they are WordPress comments. All Mingle does is style things.

If you have disabled comments on individual post and pages, and if you have also disabled the Allow people to post comments on new articles option in Settings > Discussion, then the WordPress comments box should not appear on any existing articles (i.e. pages or posts) or any new articles that you create. If it does appear then this will not be the fault of the theme, it must be caused by some plugin interfering with the normal WordPress process. None of this has anything to do with the theme, it’s how WordPress works.

• zschmid

said

Awesome info, this was hard to find by just looking at the settings. Saved me a lifetime of trying to figure it out. Tnx.

• design2impress

said

Hi Support:
    Can i find this: Go to “Settings > Discussion in Theme settings?

• jeffw

said

In your admin dashboard, on the left-hand side, hover over Settings and then in the fly-out menu move your pointer over Discussions and click.

This is not a theme related issue. If you require assistance learning how to use WordPress please refer to the WordPress documentation or ask for assistance in the appropriate WordPress support forum.

• hbaker2007

said

Thanks!!!!! Having the comment box on each screen was driving me nuts! Thanks!! BTW – WP Symposium is wonderful with your theme!

Viewing post 1 to 14 (14 total posts)