Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 3 (3 total posts)

I need help with the top graphics and header

• marloniai

said

I need help with the top graphics and header. I have changed settings on each page, set the header to minimal the page layout to Full Width.

Here are the snapshots taken to show you my settings. Keep in mind I also changed the default setting to match the snapshot and it still doesn’t miimize the space.

SIDE NOTE on when to use the code tag, if I did notuse correctly above please provide an example.

• jeffw

said

The area you have indicated in this screenshot → http://morningstarlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/space2.png is not part of the Mingle header, it is part of the BuddyPress layout. I have no idea what is causing that large empty area because I cannot investigate a screenshot. All I can do is guess that you might be able to move member avatar up the page by experimenting with its top margin. For example…

#buddypress #item-header-cover-image #item-header-avatar { margin-top: 50px }

Go to Appearance > Design Settings > Edit All Default Design Settings and add that CSS your Custom CSS box. Experiment with the top margin value, see if that helps.

Or maybe adding a negative top margin to the BuddyPress “cover-image-container” might work…

#buddypress #cover-image-container { margin-top: -150px }

I think you’ll need to experiment with tweaking the CSS like this. Mingle is a very, very old theme and there may be other areas where the styling isn’t right when it is used with modern-day BuddyPress and/or bbPress. If you use Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera you can use the browser’s built-in developer tools to point at and “inspect” elements on a web page to find out what styles they use. You can even tweak the styles live to experiment with any changes you might fancy. If you learn to use this basic developer tool you will save yourself a lot of time.

SIDE NOTE: Like it says here on the forum home page, use code or pre tags around code, such as shortcodes, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, etc. There is no need to wrap URLs in code tags. Click the on the link at the start of the previous sentence for instructions.

• marloniai

said

This one worked in reducing the space
    #buddypress #cover-image-container { margin-top: -150px }
    Thanks Jeff !!!

Viewing post 1 to 3 (3 total posts)