Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 6 days, 1 hour ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)

UberMenu

• HollyW00d

said

Hello,

I really like UberMenu on the Moxie theme and I was trying to integrate it on the mingle theme. When I started setting it up it did not appear to do anything. Will it work with the mingle theme?

Thanks!

• HollyW00d

said

Hey andy … When I commented out the line on 51 on the first step … the website breaks and won’t appear anymore. Do you have to move on to step 2 before it works?

Thanks!

• andy

said

I don’t know. I’ve never setup UberMenu on Mingle.

• HollyW00d

said

Well when you comment out line 51 it does break the website.

• jeffw

said

Hi, HollyW00d.

The instructions on that website are fairly generic and you will need to use your own knowledge and experience to implement them. The advice is quite old – filenames may not be exact, line numbers may have changed. You’ll have to think about what you are doing.

The purpose of the “comment out line 51″ instructions is to prevent the theme from calling some JavaScript that will cause an error if you remove the actual theme menus – which is what you are going to do in order to replace them with UberMenu. Below is the relevant code from the footer-default.php file:

<?php // Main menu dropdowns  ?>
    <script type="text/javascript"><?php 
    if ($theHeader['menu_left']) { 
      echo 'if ( jQuery("#MM ul").length ) { ddsmoothmenu.init({ mainmenuid: "MM", orientation: "h", classname: "slideMenu", contentsource: "markup" }); }';

} 
    if ($theHeader['menu_right']) {
      echo 'if ( jQuery("#MM-Right ul").length ) { ddsmoothmenu.init({ mainmenuid: "MM-Right", orientation: "h", classname: "slideMenu", contentsource: "markup" }); }'; 
    }
    ?></script>

You’ll need to either delete all of this code, or just comment out the the echo statements. I have read that with the Mingle theme commenting out only the echo statement for the left-hand menu is enough. I really don’t know, I have never tried it myself. Unfortunately the support team is not able to hold your hand through these types of plugin installations that require you to modify the core theme code. We will always point you in the right direction, but you will need to figure it out and implement whatever is necessary for yourself.

• HollyW00d

said

Hey guys,

I have a test site setup and here is the last problem I am having with integrating UberMenu and I can’t seem to figure it out:

http://new.travelingmailbox.com/?page_id=223

When UberMenu is enabled, it is pushing down the background curve line image. I can edit the wrapper css to get it back in line (Especially when the container is there) but it then brings it up on the homepage.

Any ideas?

• jeffw

said

Hi, HollyW00d.

It may be that you’ll need to disable the curve effect. LIke Andy, I’ve never set up UberMenu on Mingle so I can’t really help.

Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)