Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 2 (2 total posts)

How do I update to the latest version of the theme?

• dlambert1979

said

I currently run Mingle v1.5.3 and hoped someone could give me some ideas as to how I update my current site to the latest version 1.6.2 without loosing all my content? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am still quite new to this! Thanks!

• jeffw

said

Updating the theme is easy.

1. Download the theme again from ThemeForest to your computer.

2. Unzip the file that you downloaded from ThemeForest.

3. In the WordPress folder unzip the file named theme-mingle-v1.6.3.zip (or whatever the latest version of the theme happens to be named).

4. Using FTP, upload the contents of the parallelus-mingle folder into the wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/ folder on your server, overwriting the files and folders of the same names that are already there.

(Alternatively, delete the old “parallelus-mingle” on your server and then just upload the new “parallelus-mingle” from your computer to your server.)

That’s all there is to it. Your content and your settings are totally unaffected by this process because they are stored separately in your site’s database.

Viewing post 1 to 2 (2 total posts)