Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 6 days, 4 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)

WooCommerce subscriptions with PayPal

• HollyW00d

said

Hey folks,

I was wondering if there was anyone who had experience using woocommerce subscriptions with PayPal? I had a couple of questions and I have been trying to get some help so I thought I would post. So far I have been unable to get any answers on the WooCommerce site.

• jeffw

said

Is there a problem here that you think is being caused by the Mingle theme?

Have you switched to using a different theme to see if the problem (whatever it is) goes away or not? If the problem is still there after switching themes then it is not being caused by the Mingle theme and so we can’t help with that issue in this forum. Let us know.

• HollyW00d

said

Well nothing in particular I dont think. I am just having some problems with IPN. I was posting just a general thread to see if someone was on here with good knowledge of woocommerce.

• jeffw

said

I know even less about WooCommerce than I know about BuddyPress and bbPress, so I’m not going to be any help unfortunately.

Here’s an idea → Search this forum for “woocommerce” to find topics on that subject, and then review the topics to see if any member appears to be knowledgeable on the subject, then try appealing to them directly (back in this topic or in the original topic) by @mentioning them?

I’ll leave you to it. ;)

• HollyW00d

said

jeffw,

All I did to get woocommerce working on mingle was the steps you posted in the previous thread a few weeks ago. I think I added one file and a code. Is that really all that is necessary to get woocommerce working properly? When I added the page and put in the script, everything seems to be working fine.

The problem I am having is with subscriptions going to PayPal. Everything else is working fine but when I try and cancel the subscription from the store or the My Account page nothing happens on the PayPal side. I got one message from someone who stated that something may not be saving correctly in the order but I am not sure.

Here is the PayPa log:

Here is the error PayPal is giving in the logs:

07-07-2014 @ 12:23:36 – Calling PayPal to change_subscription_status has Failed: The profile ID is invalid
    07-07-2014 @ 12:26:24 – Checking IPN response is valid via https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr…
    07-07-2014 @ 12:26:24 – IPN Request: Array
    (

I am just wondering at this point if what I did to get woocommerce working on mingle was correct.

I believe all I did was this:

2. Created a ‘template-product.php’ page containing:

• jeffw

said

Have you switched to using a different theme to see if the problem goes away or not? We can’t look into an issue unless you can clearly demonstrate that the issue is being caused by the Mingle theme.

NOTE: To include code in your posts such as shortcodes, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP → please follow the instructions on the forum home page.

• HollyW00d

said

I haven’t switched to a different theme but I don’t think its causing it honestly. I am just at a loss haha.

• jeffw

said

I’ve never used WooCommerce, nor the PayPal subscriptions facility, so I’m probably more at a loss than you are. Have you tried asking PayPal about this? Go to be worth a shot. ;)

• HollyW00d

said

Yeah I have and I get someone overseas … I suppose I could try again.

Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)