Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Moxie – Responsive Theme for WordPress

Moxie

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

Bullets in custom menu

• castvision

said

Hi Jeff

I have created a custom menu on my homepage for demo and as you can see it has bullets instead of the underlines in the demo. I have read through the forum and see that you suggested to deactivate all plugins which I did do but this didn’t solve the problem
    http://testsite.tanyagregory.co.uk menu is at the bottom for you to see

Please advise

Thank you

• jeffw

said

You’ve used the WPBakery Page Builder’s “WP Custom Menu” element for your menu, and that’s how a menu displayed with that element looks without any custom styling.

Here is the procedure you need to follow to emulate the “Sample Pages” menu on our demo home page.

In your admin sidebar go to Appearance > Sidebars and add a new sidebar, giving it a title and alias of your choice, for example “Custom Menu” and “custom-menu”…

Next go to Appearance > Widgets and drag a “Navigation Menu” widget into the new “Custom Menu” sidebar area that you have just added. Give the widget a title and set the widget’s drop-down menu to reference the menu you want to display…

Now edit the article in which you want the custom navigation menu displayed and add a “Text Block” element where you want the menu. For the content of that element add this shortcode…

[sidebar alias="custom-menu"]

Save the article and check out the page…

Let me know if you need more help with this.

Thanks.

• castvision

said

Hi Jeff,

Yes that works perfectly, thank you. My only problem is I need this menu to be different for different pages – I will have clients with their own pages so the menu will be for their archive. Can a shortcode pick out different menus for example if I created several menus under the Custom Menu widget?

• jeffw

said

That’s what the alias parameter is for.

The [sidebar] shortcode will display whatever sidebar is referenced in the alias parameter.

So in my example above, the [sidebar alias="custom-menu"] shortcode displays the sidebar that has the custom-menu alias.

Simply add a menu for each client, add a sidebar area for each client (each with an appropriate title and alias), then populate each sidebar area with the appropriate menu and use the appropriate [sidebar] shortcode in the content for each client.

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)