Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Moxie – Responsive Theme for WordPress

Moxie

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 16 to 28 (28 total posts)

Default portfolio template is broken if you have more than 10 items

• andy

said

Sounds like your server was caching the file. There should be no need to delete it and recreate it. Let’s start a new discussion for the shortcode issues.

• andy

said

Oh, by the way @vunguyen (vsync) if you haven’t rated Moxie already, please do. You can rate the theme by going to your account Downloads area and clicking that 5th star on the right for Moxie. ;)

• vunguyen

said

hehe I was totally forgot about it.
    Will go to rate it now. :D

Thanks @andy

• brainyrobot

said

Hi,

I encountered the same Portfolio ‘page not found’ problem for Filtered Portfolio. The Static Portfolio’s paging works fine. I’ve been following this thread and done all the necessary checks and steps discussed here but could not solve this error. I suspect this has something to do with Permalink on the Filtered Portfolio cos the paging will work if set the WordPress’s Permalink setting to default.

Here’s what I did:

- I did a clean install of the latest 1.02 theme and installed the sample data. Added an additional portfolio item to test the paging. Checked that the ‘portfolio-filtered.php’ has the correct ‘paged’ => $paged update.

The result is that the paging only works for Static Portfolio and not Filtered Portfolio.

- Then I tried deleting all the portfolio items and re-added new ones.

But the page not found error is still there.

Does anyone have a solution or has encountered the same problem? I’ve tried everything but none’s working. Any help is appreciated.

• vunguyen

said

@brainyrobot
    You don’t need to delete and re-add the portfolio items. What you need is delete and recreate new portfolio PAGES.
    I have the same issue until I did that. Don’t use the pages from the demo import.
    I can confirm that if you use the latest version of Moxie, it will work!

Hope this help! :)

• brainyrobot

said

Hi vsync,

Ah ic, I had misunderstood what you meant by deleting the portfolio pages in your earlier post (to mean deleting portfolio items). Yup, after I’ve deleted the Portfolio page and re-created a new one, it’s working now. Thanks!

Wanting to investigate further, I did more testing. I found that the reason that the Portfolio page is not working is because of its permalink setting. For some unknown reason, the exact word “portfolio” in the permalink will cause the problem. You don’t need to delete and recreate the Portfolio page. If you simply change its permalink from “http://yoururl/wordpress/portfolio/” to “http://yoururl/wordpress/portfolio2/”, it will also work.

@vunguyen, I believe the reason your method works is because the permalink would have defaulted to something like “http://yoururl/wordpress/portfolio-2/” when you create a new portfolio page. When I tried to changed its permalink back to “http://yoururl/wordpress/portfolio/”, it will again break. Hence, I concluded that the word “portfolio” cannot be used. Is it the same case for you? Are you able to use “portfolio” in your permalink?

@andy Any idea why “portfolio” in Portfolio page’s permalink will cause a ‘page not found’ error for Filtered Portfolio?

• vunguyen

said

Interesting, I will give it a go when I get home. Cheers!

• jeffw

said

Hi, brainyrobot.

Remember that when you put pages or posts in the Trash they do not get deleted from the database and their permalinks live on until such time as you actually empty the Trash. So if you put into the Trash a page entitled “Portfolio” whose permalink is “portfolio”, then if you create a new page entitled “Portfolio” its permalink will automatically be “portfolio-1″. And if you then put that page into the Trash and create another new page entitled “Portfolio” then its permalink will automatically become “portfolio-2″. And so on. To avoid this you need to go to your Trash and empty it.

This has nothing to do with the Moxie theme, this is standard WordPress behaviour.

• brainyrobot

said

Hi jeffw,

think you misunderstood what I meant.

When I first started with a fresh installation of v 1.02 on a new database, I encountered the same “page not found” problem as vsync. Taking his advice, I deleted and re-created a new Portfolio page (while the old Portfolio page was still in the trash). This resolved the problem. So I was curious to find out what exactly solve the problem.

Comparing the 2 copies of the Portfolio page, the only difference was the permalink. The new one had defaulted to “portfolio-2″ since the original was still in the trash. To test my theory that the word “portfolio” was the root cause, I emptied the trash and rename my new page’s permalink to “portfolio”. True enough, the “page not found” problem came back. I tried changing to other words as well, every other word will work as long as it’s not “portfolio”. It’s really a strange.

Having to use “portfolio-2″ instead of “portfolio” is not a big deal but it bugs me that I can’t use the proper word for the link. In the end, as a workaround, I use another word “studio” instead.

I don’t know if it’s just me and vsync, but if anyone here encounters the same “page not found” issue with Filtered Portfolio, just change the permalink of the Portfolio page to something else. Hope this helps :)

• jeffw

said

I don’t know why all that trashing and renaming stuff didn’t work for you but I can’t replicate this issue. The permalink situation is as I described it to you. If the permalink “portfolio-2″ is working for you then it means there is a live portfolio page with that permalink set. The Moxie theme doesn’t have anything to do with permalinks, that’s all handled by WordPress. You can give your portfolio pages any title you like.

If you want the permalink “portfolio” then first move all pages entitled “Portfolio” or similar to the Trash, and then empty the Trash. Then create a new page entitled “Portfolio” so that WordPress automatically gives the page the “portfolio” permalink. If that doesn’t happen then it means that some other page already has its permalink set to “portfolio”.

• melisse

said

hi,
    the filtered portfolio do work as long as I don’t put the portfolio page as my home page. In this case, the pagination is broken, you can click on page two, the first page is reloaded again and again. Anyone else encountered this issued ? I missed something ?

• jeffw

said

Hi, melisse.

The issue you raise has nothing to do with the subject under discussion in this topic and if we start discussing your issue in this topic it will become very confusing for other customers who are searching the forum looking for solutions. It helps everybody if we can keep topics tightly focussed on single issues. Please start your own topics for your own issues.

Viewing post 16 to 28 (28 total posts)
Topic tags: broken, default, more than 10 items, paging, portfolio