Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Moxie – Responsive Theme for WordPress

Moxie

Public Group  |  active 6 days, 21 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 2 (2 total posts)

Gallery images opening in lightbox

• manbearpig

said

Hello,

When I insert a gallery into a post and select “link to file,” PNG images open using Lightbox, while JPG images open using Pretty Photo.

Example:
    [gallery size="medium" link="file" ids="22270,22992,22993,22994,22995"]

Is there a way to force all images to use Lightbox when you click for a larger image? PrettyPhoto does not work well on mobile devices, and I’d like to disable it if possible.

Thanks,

MBP

• jeffw

said

The Moxie theme has the Colorbox technology integrated, and that includes functiuonality that will open links on all images in a popup lightbox window. (It’s not prettyPhoto, it’s Colorbox.) There is no theme option to disable the Colorbox technology.

There’s only one thing I can think of that might help you.

Edit the ‘footer.php’ template and add the following code to the bottom, just before the closing </body> tag…

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {
      jQuery('a').removeClass('cboxElement');
    });
    </script>

That should remove the cboxElement class from all anchor tags, effectively disabling the Colorbox technology. Note that this will mean that any theme feature that depends on the Colorbox technology will no longer work.

Keep in mind that if you modify core theme files then each time you update the theme you will need to make all of those modifications again to the updated theme files.

Viewing post 1 to 2 (2 total posts)
Topic tags: gallery, Lightbox, media, prettyPhoto