Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Moxie – Responsive Theme for WordPress

Moxie

Public Group  |  active 3 days, 10 hours ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)

Moxie update for this week (8-16-2013)

• andy

said

I have an incremental update for Moxie (v1.0.4) to address some of the smaller issues that have come up and provide the latest versions of the Visual Composer and Slider Revolution plugins. I would like to send out a few copies today if possible for anyone interested and make sure that everything is working before the release tomorrow. One specific area I am hoping to get feedback is the updated Visual Composer elements for Blog and Portfolio. Instead of using the shortcodes you can now specify the settings for both of these with custom VC elements. I tested them without issue but it’s nice to get confirmation on some things. I’m usually very confident about such things, and maybe it’s just how little work was required that’s freaking me out, but I would appreciate any confirmation I can get that they’re working for others.

If you want the latest version and can test and give feedback on these things please send me an email, support@parallelus.net and I’ll send the files right away. I will be away from my desk a few hours this evening so if your message comes in during that time I’ll send the files as soon as I’m back.

Hopefully in the next week I’ll have the Layout Manager update that everyone has been waiting for. All the work is done, the only issue now is backwards compatibility. I’m trying to figure out how to address that. I’ll probably start a new topic on this for feedback.

Thanks!

• sturader

said

I updated my admin area for VC to include “All” elements after installing advance copy of 1.0.4. I’m looking through the VC widgets and things like WP Archives is where I thought you might be talking about for “blog-image-left” but I can’t find any. More likely an oversight for me but I’ll keep looking. Blog image left using the Template does work, but not on cat/tag pages.

thx
    stu

• andy

said

Hmmm… It should be the last or second to last item on the VC icons. I’ll check on this and see if it might not show up for a specific reason. Thanks for the feedback.

• sturader

said

OK, it’s “Post List” function. That was not intuitive out of the box but it’s there.

• sandie

said

I deleted the parent 1.0.3 theme, and installed 1.0.4. I received a prompt “The following plugins need to be updated to their latest version to ensure maximum compatibility with this theme: WPBakery Visual Composer and Revolution Slider.” but no information about where to get these or what versions are current.

The plugins previously installed with 1.0.3 (Revo 2.3.91 and VC 3.6.4.1) didn’t intially show any upgrade prompts. When they subsequently showed prompts, I was able to upgrade VC to 3.6.10. Revo upgraded to 3.6.7, but the change log suggests it should be 3.0.8, so I deleted it and reinstalled it from scratch, but it still shows as 3.0.7, not the 3.0.8 in the changelog.

• sturader

said

Rev Slider and VC are the stable releases Andy incorporates into these updates. The nags are via the plugins themselves and not related to the theme. Unless you own the premium versions there is no way to update them… That being said, what’s released is 99.99% going to work fine because the quality of revisioning by Parallelus is pushed out with great care and attention to detail.

• sandie

said

Thanks @sturader. I thought it was worth mentioning, because Andy obviously does care a lot about producing an excellent user experience. Since he knows what to expect when testing, he may not understand the confusion points for someone not used to the products. Also one plugin appears to have a changelog out of sync with it’s version number. This may just be an error from the plugin author, or it may be something Andy needs to look into – I leave that entirely up to him to decide!

I’ve now had a chance to play around a bit with the blog and portfolio shortcodes as used via Visual Composer, and they’ve worked perfectly for me in all scenarios.

I did notice that when I switched off the portfolio excerpt display it left a blank space where the excerpt would have been. This is a subjective issue, and might be outside the intended scope of these shortcodes. I resolved it with

.entry-summary {display: none;}

• andy

said

Just a little extra news related to updates. I’ve just published the v1.0.4 update that has a number of small bug fixes, plugin updates and other enhancements. It’s pending approval on TF right now and should be ready soon. I went ahead and posted the change log on the item details page. For those of you that know me, I’m HORRIBLE about remembering to post these so I decided having it up a couple hours early is a lot better than not having it up a couple months after. :)

We will post the standard notification with the change log here on the Help Center as well as I’ll send out a Twitter announcement once I get the notice from TF that the updates have gone live.

On the issue of the Layout Manager updates. They are under way and it looks like we’re going to try for a dual release. It seems that we may just have both versions, with the data conversion and without at the same time. I know that’s hard to understand but we’re doing dual development streams (one person working on each area) so by early next week we may just have the updated Layout Manager with full width backgrounds and parallax effects ready for testing. I’m excited about this!

Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)