This time it’s not a tease… I have a copy of Moxie v1.1 on my computer with the updates to the Layout Manager that is ready for testing. We’ve built in the backwards compatibility and auto-update of database values so nobody should lose any existing layouts. It’s a big improvement to the performance (of your site, there are some things to fix in the admin because it lags when you click the save button, Grrrr… Andy no happy. :) ) on your public website and provides the added features needed to make use of full width and parallax backgrounds.

Now for the full disclosure. I have not even had a chance to test this yet. I downloaded the updates this morning and they were done based on my specifications and the code I wrote for Incentive (already has this functionality), but since I’ve been trying to catch up on a bunch of things this week I have not yet had an opportunity to install and test the new features. It’s probably going to have something that’s not perfect so we’ll need to know about it if you find something. I’m hoping to release this later in the week, but for anyone wanting to be part of the testing, get involved in our “beta network” or just interested in the new functionality before anyone else has it… email me!

Send me an email at moxie-beta@parallelus.net and I’ll forward you the updated files. I recommend you test this on a new install or backup install of an existing Moxie site.

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR SITE, YOUR DATABASE, ETC. BEFORE YOU USE THIS. It’ makes a huge change to the layouts manager and that includes the database structure. If there was a mistake in the code or something was missed you could lose all your existing layouts (hence the need for some testing!) so please back up everything before installing this.

Ok, now send me those emails!