Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Moxie – Responsive Theme for WordPress

Moxie

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)

Unable to edit menu size in UberMenu

• gadgetguru

said

I purchased the ubermenu plugin to resolve the menu sizing problem but still having the same problem. The menu is way too big and I am unable to edit it in theme or ubermenu plugin. Its so big it overruns the page elements.. See image https://www.screencast.com/t/0GWv02dDET . I have disabled all plugins however unable to proceed to ubermenu control panel… only possible issue left is the theme.. see video https://www.screencast.com/t/clbsgaqkY

Not sure how to proceed?

Richard

• jeffw

said

The Moxie menu was never designed to have enormous icons in it or to be taller than you see it on our Moxie demo site.

I think all you can do is tweak the theme’s CSS to make the navigation area taller.

Something like this maybe…

@media screen and (min-width: 768px) {
      #MainNav.navRight { height: 150px; }
      #TopContent { padding-top: 250px; }
    }

Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Custom CSS and add that CSS to your Custom CSS box. Adjust the values to suit your specific situation.

If you use Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera you can use the browser’s built-in developer tools to point at and “inspect” elements on a web page to find out what styles they use. You can even tweak the styles live to experiment with any changes you might fancy.

If you need help using the UberMenu Pro plugin, please ask the plugin author for support.

Thanks.

• gadgetguru

said

I dont want the menu to be so big at all. I tried deleting the theme extension for ubermenu but wouldnt load page. Tried enabling the purchased extension and it wont let me into the config page -states a plugin or theme is conflicting. If I disable all plugins still issue persists. If I change theme ubermenu works.

As you can see in the video it states in the plugin if you cannot close this window your theme or a plugin is conflicting. My preference would be for a normal sized menu without icons, however I cannot access anything to change it.

• jeffw

said

The error message in your screencast video is an UberMenu Pro error message, it’s not a theme error. You’d need to ask the plugin author about it, it’s not something we can help you with. I don’t know what might cause that error to happen, but I can tell you that I cannot replicate that problem on my Moxie sandbox site. So if you need help with that error, please ask the UberMenu Pro plugin author for support.

But before you do that, try reinstalling the theme. This is the exact procedure to follow…

- Deactivate all plugins except the two recommended by the theme (Slider Revolution and WPBakery Page Builder).
         - Note that if you don’t deactivate all additional plugins, all at the same time, the following procedure will be pointless.
         - Now download the latest version of the Moxie theme from ThemeForest (the “Installable WordPress file only” option).
         - Unzip the file you downloaded from ThemeForest to create a ‘parallelus-moxie’ folder on your computer.
         - Use FTP to delete the ‘parallelus-moxie’ theme folder on your server.
         - Use FTP to upload the new ‘parallelus-moxie’ theme folder from your computer to your server.
         - Once Moxie is reinstalled and activated, in your admin sidebar select Appearance > UberMenu to access the UberMenu Lite control panel.
         - If you want rid of the existing menu, simply go to Appearance > Menus and delete it. Then build a new menu.

Please don’t reinstall the theme any other way, please follow the instructions above exactly. If you do not follow these instructions exactly then you may lose your theme settings, i.e. they could all revert to the default settings.

It is important that you deactivate all addition plugins so that we can be sure that none of the additional plugins you have installed is causing the problem.

It is important that you download the theme again from ThemeForest because it has been known for zip files to become corrupted in transmission.

It is also important that you first delete the existing ‘parallelus-moxie’ theme folder on your server before you upload the new one. If you don’t do this you could end up with a theme folder with missing files and a mixture of templates from older and newer versions of the theme, and that can cause problems.

So it is very important that you first delete the existing ‘parallelus-vellum’ theme folder on your server before you upload the new one.

Do not have multiple Moxie theme folders in ‘wp-content/themes’, that alone can cause unpredictable problems. If you feel the need to store old versions of the theme, either download them to your computer and store them there, or move them to another location on your server. When I need to do this I create a ‘backups’ folder in ‘wp-content’.

After reinstalling, remember to refresh your browser’s caches so that it’s not using cached versions of the theme’s CSS and JavaScript files…
         → http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

Please give that a try and if you still have this issue afterwards let us know and we will work from there.

• jeffw

said

Also, you mentioned that the UberMenu Pro error message is saying that the problem might be caused by a theme or plugin conflict. That’s generally a euphemism for JavaScript errors.

If you open your browser’s JavaScript console you’ll see that you do indeed have JavaScript errors on your home page…

The first three errors in my screenshot above are being caused by some recaptcha resources not being loaded because of a MIME type mismatch.

The bottom error (TypeError) is related to the Ultimate VC Addons plugin.

These are frontend errors and it doesn’t necessarily follow that you also have JavaScript errors in your backend admin, but you should check for that.

• gadgetguru

said

I did the update via ftp as recommended , everything is back to normal now and everything seems to be working except stretching the background full or using any parallax, should I start a new thread?

• jeffw

said

Yes, if you can’t find a solution using the forum search please create a new topic for each separate issue and we’ll do our best to help.

Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)