Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Moxie – Responsive Theme for WordPress

Moxie

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Slow response time with Moxie active

• jeffw

said

Moxie is an advanced theme with advanced features, such as layout manager for example. On the admin side, depending on the specific server set-up, it can sometimes take a second or two for the theme’s framework to load. Also, when using the WPBakery Page Builder to edit a page there will be an additional delay while that plugin gathers and displays the content of an article ready for editing; the more content there is, the longer it will take to gather and display that content ready for editing. Simpler themes that don’t use an advanced framework and a page builder plugin will naturally not take so long to open admin pages.

• moz667

said

Thank you for your promt response,

I send you this link with an example of response timming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lmokgSAifE

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to improve the timming (php settings, example of server setup, what ever…)

• jeffw

said

I watched your video and the response times seemed fairly average to me. One of my testing servers responds slower than yours, another a bit faster, another about the same as yours.

I expect there are server related things that you can do to improve response times, but I’m not an expert on servers so I can’t really help much.

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)