Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 9 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

Add a new section above the single post content and sidebar

• rl2013

said

Hello,

Please view the pictures below, I need to add a php file above the single post content and sidebar

This is the original setting I have now:
    http://i.imgur.com/QdO6Jxr.jpg

I need it to become like this and I have upload the section.php file into the parallelus-razor directory
    http://i.imgur.com/C6Ck1nh.jpg

I tried to include(‘section.php’); on the first line of single.php, the file was included but the sidebar overlapping the section.php area.

Please help me solve this thank you very much.

• Steve

said

Hi @rl2013,

We cannot help you with this level of customisation or assist in changing the theme’s files.

I can suggest though that you use the layout manager for this and then a PHP execution plugin.

• rl2013

said

Hi Steve,

I don’t really need help in execution of the php file, I just need to know where can I place my code so that my file will be display “outside” the main content and sidebar area.

• Steve

said

Hi @rl2013,

1. Create a layout that uses a full-wdith container at the top and a container below that which can house your main content and sidebar.

2. Install a plugin such as ‘Insert PHP’ and put your PHP code in the top container via a Static Block.

Doing the above will mean you don’t have to edit any files. However if you insist, I would have a look at either the design.php or design-header.php files.

• rl2013

said

Hi Steve,

thank you very much for the instructions :) , works now and finally get to understand how static block works.

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)