Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 9 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)

Is it possible to set the column [one_half] width?

• rl2013

said

hi,

Is it possible to set the column [one_half] width? I tried [one_half width="600"] but not working.

Thanks

• Steve

said

Hi @rl2013,

That wouldn’t make sense, if you’re setting the width then it wouldn’t be one half? All of the column shortcodes use percentages (eg; one half is 50%) and you can’t change this via shortcode parameter.

• andy

said

You could just use HTML instead of a shortcode, which I would recommend instead of layout shortcodes regardless. We include them because people expect them, but I wouldn’t encourage them.

Basically just set the width with a style tag:

<div style="float: left; margin-right: 40px; width: 600px">
        Your content here
    </div>

<div style="float: left; width: ???px">
      Width determined by the size area you have available.
    </div>

The widths and margins in the theme are currently set with % so you will have to choose the exact size of the second container based on the layout/columns you’ve selected for the page and how much area is left over.

• rl2013

said

Yes, was thinking of using shortcode one-half will be much more simple to create a 2 columns area than div. Thanks for the suggestion Andy.

• mitchell360

said

Is there any possibility that parallelus will migrate to either 960 or Twitter Bootstrap grid frameworks? Both of these (especially Bootstrap) are becoming incredibly common and will reduce complexity (and support questions) for an entire area of your themes!

• andy

said

@mitchell360

It’s extremely unlikely since the Layout Manager relies on the column structure we’ve designed.

Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)
Topic tags: widget