Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 10 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 2 (2 total posts)

What is the best image format and size for a background image?

• concepta

said

Can you please advise what is the best image format and size for the background image for my site.
    I have inserted an imahe for the site Appearance , Layouts, Header, Page Background Options, Background Image. As you can see my background image is less than clear http://headstarthairsalontrim.com/

• jeffw

said

You are using an image that is only 567px wide and that image shows signs that it has already been enlarged from a smaller image. If you then use it as a background and ask the browser to enlarge it further to be the full width of the browser window, which could be well over 2000px wide, you can’t expect anything but a blur.

If you want a sharp image in the background then use an image that is as wide as the widest browser width at which you expect your site to be viewed.

This is not a theme related issue, this is just basic web design 101. ;)

On the Razor demo website, the background images we are using are between 2000px and 3000px wide.

Viewing post 1 to 2 (2 total posts)