Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 8 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 3 (3 total posts)

Contact form doesn’t work

• odeharbour

said

Hi guys,

By accident I discovered that the contact form on my home page http://www.wfhermansstraat.nl doesn’t work anymore.
    More exact: the form doesn’t send the message.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Many thanks in advance.
    Ton in ‘t Veld

• jeffw

said

You say that the Razor contact form is not sending emails, but how do you know that the form is not actually sending emails? This is a genuine question I am asking you because if something is happening that is telling you that the email has not been sent then please tell us about that.

The fact that you don’t receive emails from the form doesn’t mean that the form isn’t sending them. The contact form uses the standard WordPress wp_mail() function to send the email, and if that function does not complete successfully then PHP itself should display an error message. Also, the thankyou message can only be displayed if the wp_mail() function succeeds. So the fact that you don’t see a PHP error message (unless you have suppressed PHP error messages) and the fact that you see a thankyou message means that the PHP wp_mail() function has done its job of passing the email to your mail server for sending out.

I just submitted the contact form on your home and I got a “Thank you, your message has been sent.” message. So the form email is definitely being sent.

Now the remaining question is, why aren’t you receiving emails that are being sent by the inbuilt Razor contact form?

Have you checked that the email address to which form submissions get sent is correct and allowed by your web hosts? Some web hosts will not allow you to send an email via a web form from the same account to itself; so, for example, if you have set the form to send the email to the same address as the server configured primary email address, or to the same address as set for WordPress (Settings > General), this may result in the email that is sent disappearing into a black hole on your server. Also, some web hosts will not allow web form submissions to be sent to an address that is not at the same domain as the website. So check with your web hosts about these things. You should also check that the form email is not going straight into your junk mail folder.

• odeharbour

said

Thanks for your reply.
    I saw you tested the mail form, and I did receive an email indeed. So far so good.
    Till now I tested the email now and then, and I had no problem with sending, or receiving those test emails.
    The personal email that I used is different from the website address.
    Strange is that you received an answer in English (“Thank you, your message has been sent.”) , because in the settings of the form I used a Dutch text.
    So a bit confused, but your successful testing makes me happy.
    I will do more tests myself, and I will ask other people to send a message.

Many thanks for your quick reply.

Viewing post 1 to 3 (3 total posts)
Topic tags: form