Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 8 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (18 total posts)

Default header instead of custom header showing

• trilos

said

(Razor v1.1.94)
    I´ve created a page with a custom layout which loads a custom header with a custom static block which contains a header image. This works.
    I´ve created another page with another custom layout which loads another custom header with another custom static block which contains another header image. In short: Every single setting is EXACT the same but with a differnt item. There aren´t any differences in the way the settings are made.
    But that page shows the default header! (staticBlockWrapper div contains the default staticContent div)
    I don´t know what is wrong here – is there a setting, condition or content I should check?

Additional information:
    Even if the Custom Header Option of the second page is set to the desired header layout, it has no effect (I thought page specific option should override any other setting?!).
    Even if the themes´ default layout options for the Header is set from the former default header to another Header Layout, it has no affect (I thought the global header setting should set the default header for a page without a specific Header?!).

• jeffw

said

If you can post links to live web pages that display the issues I’ll gladly take a look. There will be classes in the browser HTML that will tell me which layout each of the two pages is using.

• trilos

said

Site´s not public yet and password protected. May I send an access to support@para.llel.us?
    [edit:] or twitter/facebook preferred?

By the way, the described strategy lays upon your hint in the topic “How to have a static image in the home page header”.

• jeffw

said

If the wrong header is being displayed then either the default layout for the context is not referencing the correct header, or the layout overrides have been set incorrectly in the Layout Options metabox for the individual article.

I don’t need or want admin access to your site.

• trilos

said

“either the default layout for the context is not referencing the correct header”:
    As I described, the settings are set exactly the same way for those two different pages, but with two different static block content in two different headers in two dfferent layouts. As I´d conclude, this can not be the cause.
    And the Layout Options metaboxes of each of both pages are set correctly to the appropriate custom layout I´ve mentioned above.
    That´s why my question is why there´s a fallback to default happens… may be there´s a way to analyse the rendering of the page with wrong header(?)

I didn´t suggest to give you admin access, it´s only a .htaccess protection for the development site.

• jeffw

said

Are these pages or posts?

If they are pages then they will use by default whatever layout is set in the layout manager (Appearance > Layouts under the “Layout & Template Defaults” heading) for the Pages context.

If they are posts then they will use by default whatever layout is set in the layout manager for the Posts context.

The default layout set in the layout manager can be overridden by the layout overrides in an individual article’s Layout Options metabox.

If you are certain that your settings are correct, and you have viewed the tutorial video to learn how layouts work, please post an exact step-by-step procedure I can follow in order to replicate the problem on my Razor sandbox site.

• trilos

said

These are pages with different individual article’s Layout Options set in their metabox.
    I think I´ve understood how it works, that´s why it works with one of those pages and I wonder why it doesn´t work the same way with another page. And I´ve watched the video again.
    I´ve made four screenshots of the steps (create static block, create header layout, create page layout, create page) where both ways can be seen beneath each other (in two windows) in every step. Just tell how/where to post them.

• jeffw

said

So what you are saying is that the layout overrides are working for one article, but not for another? That would be very odd indeed.

We would prefer a textual list of the procedure to follow rather than screenshots. Thanks.

• trilos

said

It works for one page (not article=post), but not for another.
    You find the textual description of the procedure in the opening of this thread.
    Every single step contains dozens of options/settings/content on each page, so screenshots would be the best, right?

• jeffw

said

I followed the procedure in your original post.

On my Razor sandbox site I created two new pages.

In the Layout Options metabox for the first page I set the Layout option to reference a “Full Width” layout that in turn references a header named “Minimal Header”.

In the Layout Options metabox for the second page I set the Layout option to reference a “Page – Right Sidebar” layout that in turn references a header named “Default Header”.

These two headers reference different static blocks that display different images.

The result is that both pages are displayed with the correct different body layouts (one full width and the other with a right-hand sidebar), and both pages are displaying the correct different headers.

So that’s working, which means I can’t replicate the problem you are reporting by following the description of the problem in your original post.

Do you have any plugins installed and activated?

• trilos

said

Yes, but disabling all plugins has no effect on this.

• jeffw

said

Try reinstalling the theme.

This is the exact procedure to follow…

– Download the latest version of the Razor theme from ThemeForest (the “Installable WordPress file only” option).
       – Unzip the file you downloaded from ThemeForest to create a ‘parallelus-razor’ folder on your computer.
       – Use FTP to delete the ‘parallelus-razor’ theme folder on your server.
       – Use FTP to upload the new ‘parallelus-razor’ theme folder from your computer to your server.

Please don’t reinstall the theme any other way, please follow the instructions above exactly.

Note that it is important that you first delete the existing ‘parallelus-razor’ theme folder on your server before you upload the new one.

After reinstalling, remember to refresh your browser’s caches so that it’s not using cached versions of the theme’s CSS and JavaScript files…
       → http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

Please give that a try and if you still have this issue afterwards let us know and we will work from there.

• trilos

said

I´ll give it a try and will do this with the parent theme while keeping the child theme. Are all options stored in mysql so nothing will be lost?

• jeffw

said

If you are using a child theme don’t forget to also update the child theme’s ‘assets’ folder with the updated ‘assets’ folder in the parent theme.

But before you do that, switch to the parent theme and check whether you have the same problem. This is the first time you have mentioned you are using a child theme, so you need to do this test to rule out the child theme as a cause of the problem.

All your settings and theme options are stored in your website’s database. All we are doing here is replacing one set of files and folders with another set of files and folders.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (18 total posts)