Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 9 months ago ago
Viewing post 16 to 18 (18 total posts)

Default header instead of custom header showing

• trilos

said

Done whole procedure.
    Tested with a third combination and page: No Problem.
    Re-created every element (jpg, block, header, layout) of the second combination which didn´t work – and it doesn´t work.
    Changed the “Layout key (unique identifier)” (yes, it really is/was unique) to have difference to the former layout. It works!

May be former layout with other elements existed, which results in another page header. I guess a new layout with the same (and therefore still unique) key obviously refers to deleted elements, so a deleted page header has been shown – or a fallback to default happend in cause of inconsistend referrers.

Conclusion:
    1.) Deletion means deletion and your theme does not handle the keys properly.
    2.) If deleted keys still exist in the background, at least a check of the key should happen when adding new elements. As there isn´t any “trashcan” for elements, rather 1.) would make sense.

• jeffw

said

Deleted layouts, headers and footers should also be deleted from the database, including the unique identifiers. But I’ll check this with our development team.

• jeffw

said

I’ve checked with our development team, and I’ve tested this myself, and I can confirm that when you delete layouts, headers and footers all data associated with those deleted layouts, headers and footers is also deleted from the database, including the unique identifier for any layout that is deleted.

The main thing is that you have it working now, so all’s well that ends well. :D

Viewing post 16 to 18 (18 total posts)