Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 9 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 12 (12 total posts)

bbPress forum styling doesn’t look like the Razor demo site

• rastarr

said

Hey guys,

I just noticed that my bbPress Forum styling looks poo in comparison to the Razor Demo site i.e. none of those cutsie icon-over-icon and topic number bubbles as well as when viewing a Topic, the avatar overwrites the date area so I’m wondering whether the latest version is somehow missing a stylesheet/CSS?

Forum outside BuddyPress – http://www.geekandjock.com/relationship-forum/relationship-forums/relationships/relationships-12
    Forum inside BuddyPress – http://www.geekandjock.com/community-user-groups/long-distance-relationships/forum/

I did a theme reinstall on my localhost and it is still the same so I’m clueless at the moment what I might have done.
    [LoudSpeaker]Help![/LoudSpeaker]

• jeffw

said

Hi, Martin.

The forums on the demo site are the old (legacy) BuddyPress group forums. For bbPress-driven forums the styling will be different from what you see on the demo website. This is because BuddyPress and bbPress are two different plugins and they each style things differently. For example, the speech bubble with post count is part of the BuddyPress styling. That styling isn’t possible with bbPress forums. We have styled bbPress pages and elements to fit in with the general style of the theme, but they are not going to look exactly the same as BuddyPress pages and elements.

• rastarr

said

Ahh, I thought I was losing my marbles, for a minute there.
    You guys need to update your installations I think.
    So the styling I have is correct then, ok?
    There is one issue inside a topic/reply thread where the avatar overwrites the date field so that’s one to fix.

• jeffw

said

So the styling I have is correct then, ok?

It may not be perfect so if you see anything that looks out of place please let us know.

There is one issue inside a topic/reply thread where the avatar overwrites the date field so that’s one to fix.

This looks to be caused by a poorly or incorrectly targeted style. Go to Appearance > Design Settings and add the following to your Custom CSS box:

body #bbpress-forums ul.forums.bbp-replies li .bbp-meta span.bbp-reply-post-date { margin-left: 74px !important }

I think that should fix it. Please let me know.

• rastarr

said

worked a treat, @jeffw
    that’s another one to add to the next update :)

• jeffw

said

Thanks. I’ve already updated the theme with this correction. I’m expecting a flood of theme updates any day now, including for Razor.

• rastarr

said

Be prepared for some styling on the just released bbPress 2.5 and Buddypress 1.9 is expected in several weeks :)

• rkarel

said

it was the biggest deception with forums. The theme left when all knew that the standard forum of BuddyPress won’t be supported. 10s topic was created, but administrators only in some months entered these styles for BBPress. Looks awfully. You should study at the developer “Diabolique”. They have no problems with styles for a forum. We have degenerate style forums.

• berendey

said

Hello!
    What buddypress version is used in demo?

Thanks in advance.

• jeffw

said

Hi, berendey.

I think it is BuddyPress v1.6.4 but I wouldn’t swear to that in court. If it is important that you know exactly what version it is then I can find out for sure. Let me know.

• aero77

said

so how can we skin the bbpress to make it look better, any links to somewhere ? You should definately update the demo cause the look of the forum there was the biggest reason I bought it in the first place

• jeffw

said

For bbPress-driven forums the styling will be different from what you see on the demo website. This is because BuddyPress and bbPress are two different plugins and they each style things differently. For example, the speech bubble with post count is part of the BuddyPress styling. That styling isn’t possible with bbPress forums. We have styled bbPress pages and elements to fit in with the general style of the theme, but they are not going to look exactly the same as BuddyPress pages and elements.

Viewing post 1 to 12 (12 total posts)
Topic tags: bbpress styling