Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 9 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)

How to stretch sidebar left border down to the bottom of the page?

• jeffw

said

That effect is attached to the column on the right. It will stretch the height of that column and no further. The height of the column is determined by the content of the column.

• rl2013

said

So I have to use the middle content “right border” option, but my problem is when I use that, my middle content width narrow by the border, I don’t why it take up so much space.

http://i.imgur.com/TusPHMC.jpg

How to adjust the middle content width if I use that option? Thanks

• jeffw

said

In an individual case you can force the height of the effect, for example:

.col-left-brdr .brd-l-main { height: 1000px }

But there isn’t going to be any way to automatically force the effect to stretch the height of the left-hand column because it is inside the right-hand column’s container.

• jeffw

said

Please remember that the support team is not able to help you customise the theme.

• rl2013

said

Actually is not customizing the theme at all, please look at this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/TusPHMC.jpg

Why when you apply right border the container width will narrow? If it doesn’t narrow the width by so much, I would use that.

• jeffw

said

If you use the Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari browsers you can use their built-in developer tools to point at and “inspect” elements on a web page to find out what styles they use. You can even tweak the styles live to experiment with any changes you might fancy. If you use Firefox then there is an add-on named Firebug you can install which gives that browser the same functionality as the developer tools built into the other browsers.

I will run your question past @andy to see if he has anything further to add.

• rl2013

said

Yeah I am using firebug, still hard to adjust the container width and the stretching content. Thanks for passing this to Andy.

• andy

said

I’m not here to argue if this is or isn’t a customization. The way it adds the border is necessary for some of the styling for the sidebars and links. This is how the theme is designed and works, to change that for your specific needs is a custom use…

I’ve never adjusted this the way you’re asking, so I don’t know the answer to your question. I’ll go look it up myself and post some guidelines for the basic customization. I don’t completely understand the edit your making so if this should at least get you on the right track but you’ll need to adjust it to your specific need.

• andy

said

After looking at it I don’t think you can move it. The only thing you can do is change the column widths or margins as best I can tell. Try using a 1/4 width column for the sidebar, maybe that will help.

Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)
Topic tags: border, sidebar border